Author Topic: Good morning/afternoon/evening thread  (Read 3550 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Good morning/afternoon/evening thread
« on: 20 Jun 2016 07:48AM »
Morning all - thought I'd start this thread as I've seen it on other boards around t'Net, where peeps can just chat about anything and everything.  Sometimes we want a break from being disabled, don't we, so feel free to natter about what you're doing today, what books or TV or music or whatever you're enjoying.  And if you feel a bit pants for either disability or non-disability reasons, post about that too! 

I've put it in Talk rather than the Café area so it can get maximum views  >thumbsup<  If need be will move to Café another time, see how things go.  Hence the 'Under Construction' sign  ;-)

Anyway - over to you!

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Good morning/afternoon/evening thread
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2016 10:50AM »
Good Morning

I am sitting in my new old study which is 90% okay just needs me to organise all the stuff I dumped in here. I am actually safer in a smaller narrow room because I can lean one hand on the bookcase and the other on my desk and push myself up onto the chair >cartwheel<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2016 11:02AM »
This morning phoning around to arrange timings for picking up a couple of VI folk for acoustic shooting later in week.

Went to one of our VI member's wedding on Saturday. She looked great in her wedding finery. Probably one of the best weddings I've been to. Excellent chap conducting registry ceremony followed by fine 'breakfast'/dinner and only one short speech by bride. Weather kind too.

>rainbow2< >present< >bubbly<

huhn

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2016 01:21PM »
short break, its to hot with 45 in the shade  something to do.
 >hatandscarf< >hatandscarf<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2016 05:14PM »
It's brightening up here, having been wet and miserable this morning.

Had my usual coffee/lunch/shopping trip with friend. I might have bought a new handbag for half price  >whistle<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2016 09:25PM »
Of course, you could not live without it!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2016 09:48PM »
We all deserve a treat now and then, Hurty - you enjoy!

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2016 09:58PM »
I'm sure your new bag is well-deserved, Hurty!

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jun 2016 01:57AM »
Just off to bed, having fallen asleep in my chair earlier. However I woke up in time to listen to Wales win on the radio.  >biggrin< >dragon<

For the last year or so I have struggled with a very expensive and rather useless wooden bedside  commode that was falling to bits.
I had a new commode arrive today, a fifth of the price, much lighter and sturdy.

So I am looking forward to not sitting on what feels like a knife edge when nature calls at 4am. 

That was why I was asleep earlier, getting the old commode out of the bedroom and into storage and the new one unpacked, upstairs and in position was rather tiring. I did it though. Go me.  >biggergrin<
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2016 05:17AM »
Hi all, I'm up at the \8rse crack of dawn cos I been processing some old head demon stuff, but I'm A OK and have a nice day  >thumbsup<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2016 08:46AM »
I've also been up early, clearing up after Snail-ageddon. Discovered that a snail had managed to get in among my nice clean washing. Presumably it had attached itself to the wash basket while I was hanging the clothes out, then infiltrated the pile of clean clothes later, so everything needed to be washed again. Yuk! >feeling-sick<

The snail has been released back into the wild - well into a shady spot under the hedge.

AndMac, congratulations on your new equipment. >thumbsup<

Kizzy, glad that you've survived doing battle with the dreaded Head Demon. >star<

>Typo
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2016 09:06AM by NeuralgicNeurotic »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2016 09:46AM »
Good Morning  :-)

So I am looking forward to not sitting on what feels like a knife edge when nature calls at 4am. 

>thumbsup< hopefully this will mean you can pee when half asleep and not have to wake up fully.
Well done in getting the new commode upstairs. Some able bodied people would assume moving something of a similar size would be too difficult for them and so never try - I find it baffling.

Hi all, I'm up at the \8rse crack of dawn cos I been processing some old head demon stuff, but I'm A OK and have a nice day  >thumbsup<

[youtube]https://youtu.be/-ZkV64GJihA[/youtube] for the old head demon

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jun 2016 10:30AM »
 >lol< let them truckers roll 10/4

>edit to add, if you want to know what I'm on about, Google Convoy by C W McCall, it was a song that really helped me while I was in hospital last time in 2010 >thumbsup<

adding video -SM

[youtube]https://youtu.be/FcaeYmT4wsg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2016 01:17PM by SunshineMeadows »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 21 Jun 2016 10:33AM »
PS - SM, as I'm a bit tired after a night's hard work can you please post a Tigger bounce for me, ta muchly  >thumbsup<

Like this ?

>attachment<
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2016 12:19PM by SunshineMeadows »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 21 Jun 2016 11:11AM »
PPS no rush, in the meantime here's a song to make you smile:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Dc3AovUZgvo[/youtube]

I fixed the link  >thumbsup<
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2016 12:23PM by SunshineMeadows »