Author Topic: P.I.P: Determining eligibility for blue badge and concessionary travel.  (Read 850 times)

AccessOfficer

"People who score 8 points or more in the “Moving around” activity of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) are automatically eligible for a Blue Badge.

When PIP is introduced in April 2013 the award notification letters will not show the points scores the claimant has been given.

The letters will show the descriptor that the claimant has been given for each activity.

To check if a claimant is automatically eligible for a Blue Badge, you should check which descriptor they have been awarded for “Moving around” (the last activity on the list). The table below shows you which descriptors score 8 or more points.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/235085/pip-determining-blue-badge-concessionary-travel-eligibility.pdf

Best wishes
AO
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2013 04:00PM by AccessOfficer »

JLR2

""People who score 8 points or more in the “Moving around” activity of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) are automatically eligible for a Blue Badge."

So much for simplifying things Mr Duncan Smith. That said these changes mind me of what is happening with the wind farm planning applications, the folk looking to put up these wind farms submit an application for, let's say 50, and then following the expected opposition they resubmit an application for 35. The government are trying to bring in so many layers that when a claimant is given or awarded something they will grab it with both hands for fear of getting nothing should they appeal. I think this is what lay behind the removal of one layer of DLA care, something I doubt they would have done were it not that they had already pencilled in the 20 meter condition of qualification.

DarthVector

• Charter Member
I wonder if the DWP realise that they're effectively telling people that it's too hard for them to print the number of points next to the descriptor in the award letter?