Author Topic: It's been one of those weeks.........  (Read 51 times)

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
It's been one of those weeks.........
« on: 25 Jan 2023 10:03AM »
On Monday I somehow managed to trip over my own two feet and subluxed my kneecap. It was one of those stupid situations that I couldn't recreate if I tried!  So I strapped it up and sulked  :f_laugh:

On Tuesday I was brushing my teeth and a tooth broke in half. Fortunately it doesn't hurt so at least I don't have to make an emergency run to the dentist. Not my favourite place in the world and I haven't made the appointment yet. I'm procrastinating 🙃

Today is Wednesday. These things come in threes. I'm looking out for today's incident.
Place your bets..........

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: It's been one of those weeks.........
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2023 02:48PM »
It's already happened - you got your grammar wrong.

You wrote two sentences with no full-stop either before or after the emoticon, and you put more than three dots at the end.

(Well, I can hope that's going to be the extent of today's mishaps for you, can't I?)

:f_hug:
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2023 06:23PM »
Incidentally, I've had another mood crash this last couple of days, which I'm using various strategies to deal with but still struggling.  (This isn't competitive "My problem's worse/better than yours.")

Reminding myself that there are other disabled people out there, particularly, but not only, in Ouchtoo is currently helping me, reminding me I'm not a freak to have times when life's difficulties are stressful  is helping me.

Yesterday, after dark, I was nearly hit by a car turning a corner off a main road onto what I'll call a main side-road.  I yelped, sort of half way between squeak and scream and then felt shamed at my reaction.  The driver stopped, looked apologetic and waved me across, but by then I was pulling back with my shopping trolley, crying and shaking.

But if I'd subluxed a kneecap, I wouldn't have felt ashamed if I'd yelped and felt tearful.  I wish I didn't judge myself more  harshly than I judge others.

As for the tooth, I chipped one during the pandemic and sanded the sharp edge down gently with an emery board until I could see a dentist.  It might or might not work with yours.

:f_hug:

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2023 08:34PM »
No wonder you were shaken up after that near-miss, Sunny - doesn't seem an over-reaction from where I'm sat...

DD, I don't know what to wince more at, the knee or the tooth!  Hope the rest of your week has been uneventful  :xfingers:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2023 10:42PM »
The thing about a car nearly hitting me is that at least I can scream at the driver.  When it's a tooth or kneecap annoying you, they don't freeze, look guilty, mouth 'sorry' and let you on your way.

Behave yourself, DD's body!

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2023 09:58AM »
DD,

I am betting you will almost do one of a variety of things that are scarey eg almost fall, thereby ending up with a tense achey body that needs pain killers :-(

:big_hugs:

said in a low whispering voice, ' I am having a good day so far but shh dont tell anyone, it might create over confidence and a trip hazard'.

Sunny,

You are doing so well keeping going out and about especially in the bitter weather. I am glad you shouted at the car driver.

:big_hugs: