Author Topic: Compassion focused therapy  (Read 377 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Compassion focused therapy
« on: 23 Mar 2022 08:33PM »
The only thing that I have found helpful from mental health services is an 8 week group course on compassion focused therapy. In recent years I have lost most of my ability to challenge my inner critic though so I have asked to do the course again.

CFT was created by Paul Gilbert but others have joined the cause and have worked on the subject too. I signed up on Eventbrite for a free meeting on self compassion that ran on Zoom yesterday evening. I had a bad day and evenings are my worst time so I didn't attend but I was emailed a link to the talk which has been put on YouTube. Do have a listen and I hope you find it helpful.

https://youtu.be/qLRhLAduISM

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Compassion focused therapy
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2022 10:23PM »
Thanks for the link.

I wish with the NHS over the years, I'd had a say in what sort of therapy I was offered.  I've had seriously abusive and toxic therapy and although I've considered private therapy, I decided not.

By contrast, watching talks about this sort of thing on youtube is definitely something that appeals, so I've bookmarked the page for when I feel up to it.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)