Author Topic: Lifting restrictions by Fiz from UK site  (Read 669 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Lifting restrictions by Fiz from UK site
« Reply #15 on: 07 Mar 2021 07:58PM »
Runners downdraft  :f_wah: :f_yikes: :f_doh:

School open again tomorrow and I cant help but wonder about all the children who have thrived during lockdown. Boys and girls which find it difficult to be at school eg around a lot of noise, people, bullies etc.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: 09 Mar 2021 09:58PM »
My 6yo grandaughter was thrilled to go back to school yesterday and is very happy. She's considerably behind where she should be for her age and year group. I do hope the government sort out how the children will catch up with missed learning. These early years at school are crucial. 

My 12yo grandaughter was ahead of her peers a year ago and has studied hard at home so I am hoping that she'll be okay and not disadvantaged even if she's no longer ahead. 

I had cancelled a decorator a couple of months back having decided that being CEV I shouldn't have anyone in my home. I've decided that I feel well enough protected by the first vaccine + 5 weeks to have contacted him to book in new dates. The earliest he can start is April 27th by which time I will have had my second vaccination and be building up almost full immunity from that so it's all good. I have never had a professional decorator before, I can't wait to get my lounge done. It's exciting.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 10 Mar 2021 12:05PM »
Fiz,

I hope both your grandaughters do well getting back into the routine of being at school, and that the catch up on what they need to. This includes reading books, running around, solving maths making new friends and chatting to old ones, creating art and smiling, giggling and having fun.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2021 01:55PM »
To celebrate the opening of personal care and non essential retail today, I had my legs waxed! Way to end shielding hey?!  :f_laugh:

Second vaccine is booked for Friday which means that I shall be well protected by 7th May. Hair cut is booked for Wednesday, I am desperate for a cut. These appointments aside I shall await my full protection from the second vaccine before going into shops or buildings now.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2021 02:14PM »
Met a friend for an outdoor coffee this morning. Chilly, but only had a couple of spits of rain so no problem. Fortunately where we sat was sheltered from the wind, and even had a little warmth from some brief sunshine.

Going back to the car I passed my barber's. Massive queue and only doing first come first served at present. Reckon at least an hour or so wait which I do not do these days. Will wait until it quietens. I can put up with the Worzel Gummidge look a bit longer.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2021 09:35PM »
Hope you have a nice piece of straw to chew on - ooh-arrrr :f_winkeye:

Leg waxing :f_yikes:

Town certainly busier this morning, queue outside Primark, apparently this store doesn't do online (well, I never knew that)  Not that I wanted to go into Primark myself, I was just glad that Marks and Spencer food hall was quiet.  I expect people are a bit fed up with supermarket-type places now that 'non-essential retail' has opened its doors again!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 12 Apr 2021 10:58PM »
I drove past a barbers today and there was at least ten men queuing outside down the pavement, probably more. That would be hopeless for me too with pain standing. Very glad that my hairdresser does appointments. My daughter saw my ex-sil and nieces today and my great nephews apparently have really long hair as they've not been able to get to a barbers and it was hearing that that made me realise how tough this lockkdown has been for children and men. I have hacked at my own fringe a couple of times but the longer look is okay for women. 

It feels strange things being open again. My daughter met the family members in a park by a river today and because it was so cold there weren't many people there.