Author Topic: On a different subject by JLR2 from UK site  (Read 36 times)

Strontium Green

• Administrator
  • Diamond member
On a different subject by JLR2 from UK site
« on: 22 Feb 2021 09:33PM »
JLR2
On a different subject
« on: 15 Feb 2021 10:27AM »

I'm presently sitting as I wait for a phone call from the RAC as I've been chatting with them this morning about the windscreen washer on my car. A few days back I drove to my nearest Tesco (20+ miles away) and at around the 6miles into this drive went to wipe the screen.......dry, nothing :o(  and so pulled into a layby and looked to refill the washer from the bottle/canister I keep just for this purpose. Later when I returned home I looked to make sure the washer bottle was fully filled and added screen wash which I understood was supposed to prevent the screen wash freezing.

Today temperatures are at last in the positive but the screen washer is still not wiping the screen and so I've phoned the RAC, hopefully they'll get things sorted, for sure I'm not going to risk driving anywhere without the washer working as I understand doing so would invalidate my car insurance and were the Police to stop me as part of the sometimes random spot checks they do up here I would be at risk of facing charges of driving a vehicle unfit for the road.

Update, I know even before I've finished posting this posting, the guy from the next village up the road who's garage does RAC work has just been and 15minites later has my car screen washer working again, it was a fuse that had gone, I was fearing I was going to need a whole new washer pump. Least I'll know where to look in the future and what to check before I call on the RAC again.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2021 10:32PM by Strontium Green »

Strontium Green

• Administrator
  • Diamond member
Re: On a different subject by JLR2 from UK site
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2021 09:34PM »

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: On a different subject
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2021 12:24PM »

That's great service and really pleased for you that it was such a simple job! Result!

JLR2

Re: On a different subject
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2021 02:33PM »

DD, I am lucky in that I live where I do as were it not and was say Edinburgh or Glasgow my wait might have been a lot longer. I also hope my washer problem didn't see another car driver waiting somewhere less comfortable than my couch watching oot the window for someone to arrive.