Author Topic: Scope forum can people tell me what they think of it.  (Read 331 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
https://forum.scope.org.uk/

Can you each take a look through the SCOPE forum please. The navigation is different than here and so for the longest time it did not look very busy to me. Then the other day I found the categories page https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories and it looks like there is a lot more going on.

After you have checked out both links please let me know what you think.

For me it is pretty much the forum I would have liked to build if I had more ability to build it, and I am left wondering if rather than me building something could we just go there?

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2021 12:23PM by Sunshine Meadows »

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: Scope forum can people tell me what they think of it.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2021 11:22AM »
I don't seem to be able to open the links Sunshine.
I'll search for them using Google and report back.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2021 11:28AM »
Try this link again:

https://forum.scope.org.uk/

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2021 11:57AM »
The forum is really good and has lots of useful information and discussions on it.

But, and it's a big but for me (no pun intended!), I think it would destroy the family feeling we have here. When I come to Ouch Too I know I'm amongst friends and feel free to talk about anything without judgement. Saying that about a public board is probably some sort of oxymoron, but that's how I genuinely feel.

The only problem I realise is the effort, time, and resources that Sunshine and our Mods put into running this site. I remain forever grateful for their skills and dedication in keeping this such a friendly and welcoming site.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2021 12:50PM »
Thank you DD :-)

I am glad you let me know the links did not work. I edited the opening post to add links that work.

I know what you mean about the SCOPE site being too big and this site being friendly.  Keeping Ouch Too as it is will cost
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2021 12:53PM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2021 12:54PM »
.... its like I am Twitter

It will cost

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2021 12:54PM »
80 pounds

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2021 12:55PM »
The gremlin is back little

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2021 12:55PM »
and I would have to fix that which is probably doable if I rebuild.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2021 09:42PM »
I've had just a quick look for now - but isn't Scope aimed at people with cerebral palsy rather than a general disability forum like we have here?  (and I must say, I prefer our layout to theirs!)

JLR2

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2021 09:59PM »
"I think it would destroy the family feeling we have here"  Me too DD.  I took a look at the Scope webpages and felt it too crowded sort of like trying to use some of the sites like compare the market or similar websites, just too many distractions.

I like the feeling of us all being friends who though never having actually met would get on just fine were we to do so. It was for me stress relieving to be able to talk of the recent problems I was having with the house's plumbing and the issues I was having with the pain in my back. I've even another issue beginning to make itself felt and that revolves around my flight bookings with Easyjet and their voucher scheme. I requested voucher rather than a refund as I know I'll still be wanting to go back over to Berlin. Under EJ's voucher scheme there is a use by date which once exceeded the voucher will become invalid with no refunds being given. The only hope I have just now is to book a flight which, given the German government is about to ban passenger flights from the UK, will more than likely be cancelled and then I'll demand a cash refund rather than another voucher.

Even if the flight was to go ahead the chances of my being able to find a genuine Covid19 testing company and have them do the test on me three days prior to my flight I wouldn't be able to access my emails for the result whilst I am waiting at the airport. The normal routine for me was to travel down to Glasgow the day before my flight so as to be there within two or three hours of the intended flight (as required by EJ)  and I've heard of folk, through BBC Breakfast stories, who even though they had been tested did not get their test result back in time losing their flight and with no refunds. As things stand right now all I can do is hope that by the time of my being ready to return to Berlin, possible July or August, I might have had a vaccination jab.

Anyways as I was saying it feels good to be able to sort of type out my wee problems here and relieve the muttering I'm doing in my head trying to think of how or when I'm going to see my friend in Berlin again.

Oops near disaster, I've let me coffee mug run dry time for a refill methinks, oh by the way recently I've been watching the Detectives boxed set (Jasper Carrot / Robert Powell)  and a right few good chuckles it has given me :o)

"and I must say, I prefer our layout to theirs!"  I completely agree with you Kizzy.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jan 2021 09:07AM »
I too agree with KK and JLR2 about the Scope site. A bit fussy and more limited in focus. Maybe its because I am more familiar with it, but this site seems friendlier.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2021 12:55PM »
Kizzy,

Yes that is what I thought but looking at the SCOPE site now I can see it has expanded its reach. You being here to moderate and share the responsibility is the main reason I have kept Ouch Too going >hugs<

Everyone,

I am taking what you have said onboard and have a suggestion which is how would people feel about sharing the cost of keeping the site going as it looks now, with the current glitches fixed and emoticons back?

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jan 2021 01:34PM »
I have no problem with contributing towards the cost.

JLR2

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jan 2021 03:44PM »
I'm in :o)