Author Topic: I'm back to pester you all!  (Read 839 times)

oldtone27

• Charter Member
Re: I'm back to pester you all!
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jan 2021 09:56AM »
Best wishes. Its good to see a member of the old gang back.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jan 2021 07:43AM »
I did phone adult services early in November when bedbound asking for an assessment then phoned again in December repeating my request. I got a call from them on Christmas Eve asking if I still wanted an assessment (!) when I said yes he said they'd be in touch after Christmas but I haven't heard anything. I have massive Covid fear though, I don't touch the post for days after it has been delivered so I am unsure that I would cope with carers coming in when they've been in and out of other homes. But on the other hand there are days when I don't eat and I know that I need help.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: 26 Jan 2021 04:42PM »
Is it possible to for you to receive Direct Payments and then recruit your own PA, rather than have agency carers?

I use a support organisation funded by the council to assist with recruitment and they do all the payroll etc. It's much cheaper than using an agency so my money goes further.
I much prefer it as I get to choose who I have in my home and can judge if we I think we're going to get on together.

All carers are now offered free PPE, and are entitled to Covid vaccinations and that includes PA's, if that helps quell some of your concerns.

I hate to think of you struggling on your own with no access to food and drink. I'm hoping today has been a good day.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: 26 Jan 2021 09:35PM »
Hello there Fiz, great to see another familiar face :-)  May others continue to find us again!

Sorry to read that you have further health problems and also the loss of your dear dog - hope that having a new grandchild can lessen some of the grief.  As for 'adult social services', pah is all I can say about them (and that's very restrained for me) 

Tony_Demoncy

• Silver Member
  • Wait - what?!
« Reply #34 on: 26 Jan 2021 09:42PM »
Hello DD and Kizzy and Fiz and OldTone and JLR2 and anyone else I may have missed!
I Came I Saw I Fell Over (Tony)

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: 28 Jan 2021 02:27AM »
It's so lovely to be back amongst friends.

Yes I think direct payments might be an option if I can find the energy to phone adult services again. I definitely do need help. I must make myself phone.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #36 on: 28 Jan 2021 11:24AM »
Do you have anyone who you trust to call for you, Fiz?

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #37 on: 04 Feb 2021 02:26AM »
Unfortunately not. I have no support network at all.

I managed to find an online referral form to adult services and completed that stating that I had requested the care assessment mid November, phoned again in December when very unwell and was wondering when my assessment would be. No reply as yet. It's pretty poor because my fatigue is so extreme that I am only taking my hydrocortisone which keeps me alive but not taking any other medication that I need. My fatigue is so extreme sometimes even forcing myself to drink is impossible. I know Covid is having a big impact but I am shocked that they're simply not responding to me.

As my needs fluctuate I think direct payments will be the way to go and from what I know about that which isn't a lot is that takes time to organise whereas I need help now.