Author Topic: Large wc/bidets  (Read 2971 times)

boccius

• Diamond member
Large wc/bidets
« on: 17 Jan 2015 05:09PM »
Any ideas who sells large wc/bidet combinations?

There are quite a lot of 'normal' sized ones, but some say 'not suitable for larger people' - I've achieved about 128kg lately, which makes me a bit hefty.

Money isn't a major issue, luckily...

A.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: Large wc/bidets
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2015 05:34PM »
I've just asked my husband,  who is a plumber,  for any thoughts.  He suggested looking at sanitary ware designed for commercial purposes,  as it tends to be built to higher standards and can withstand more weight.  He hasn't seen anything that is larger as such.
would an OT be able to suggest something suitable?

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2015 06:01PM »
Clos-o-mat do these:-
http://www.clos-o-mat.com/index.php/products/2013-02-03-13-57-15/the-aerolet-bariatric.html
If you click on the "Aerolet" brochure on the right & scroll down to page 5, that might be what you're after - I have no idea how much these things cost.
Then again, I have no idea how much a standard WC/ bidet without the dryer function would cost either. >lol<
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2015 06:02PM by seegee »

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member

boccius

• Diamond member
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2015 06:13PM »
Thanks ditch, seegee - the important part for me is the BIDET element as my deficiency in the leg department makes cleansing difficult - you can't 'hover' on one leg!

A

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2015 06:24PM »
In that case, it looks like the clos a mat ones may be what you are looking for. They can be adapted for individual needs, so they may be worth investigating further.  I hope you find something suitable.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2015 06:35PM »

The Clos-o-mat toilets include bidet and warm-air dryer, the bariatric seat/ lift fits onto it. 

Is there a disabled living centre anywhere near where you that you can visit? http://www.assist-uk.org/centre-details  They might have things on display so you can assess whether they'd be useful for you, plus they have staff who can advise (OTs, physios...). 

boccius

• Diamond member
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2015 09:42AM »
Thanks seegee, that link does throw up a reasonably local centre, so I'll get in touch.

A

Sunshine

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2015 12:25PM »
It might also be worth looking at add on bidets http://www.independentliving.co.uk/il-editorials/bidet-toilets/ which would mean you could get the toilet you want first then add the bidet.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2015 09:53PM »