Author Topic: Anyone in the market for a new rollator - good offer on currently.  (Read 1427 times)

AndMac

• Charter Member
I've just bought a new four -wheeled lightweight folding rollator with integral seat, the first one I've owned.  Currently it's doing duty as a house trolley but I'm looking forward to going out and about with it.

I'm really, really pleased with it and currently it's available for under £40 on Amazon. This may change, I paid £52 for it and think it was worth it. RRP £118.

A little bit of self assembly needed but it's not difficult. Great delivery times too. I put a fairly comprehensive review on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z-Tec-ZT-MBA4-Lightweight-Aluminium-Rollator/dp/B00BIGD5XE/ref=cm_cr-mr-title
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

independentgirl84

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
Glad to see you've taken the plunge Andmac - hope it makes life easier for you! I have one too and couldn't be without it!

I think I mentioned in the other thread that I've been using one too since I got pregnant with my daughter and wanted to move to just using a stick. I quickly learned that this isn't the way to go as it's not as supportive meaning I was putting pressure on all the wrong joints therefore causing unnecessary pain. The walker takes the pressure off and the seat/basket is so handy. Great for trips to the shops! the only drawback is that you can't bring it on the trike (hence why I was looking into the stick) so if you have any ideas I would certainly be interested!!!! x

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
I'm glad you've found something that works for you, AndMac  >thumbsup<

AndMac

• Charter Member
Thank you!
I reckon I could get my rollator on the trike if I put it on the luggage rack and lashed it on with bungee cords, but the unsupported walking I do when off the trike is fairly minimal, it's just a few shops that don't have trolleys for me to grab.

If things deteriorate and my two sticks don't do the biz any more I will certainly think about it. The only snag is, stowing the rollator on the trike means that not so much shopping will be stowable.

I do have a few large shoulder - style shopping bags with very long straps. These are particularly handy as they attach to karabiner clips on the seat springs, the straps bypass whatever is on the luggage rack and the bag is suspended between the back wheels.  The karabiner clips aren't the real mountaineering things, just the cheap ones from the pound shop that are sold as belt clips.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker