Author Topic: The only forum on the net to share THIS news...!  (Read 13471 times)

bubble

Re: The only forum on the net to share THIS news...!
« Reply #60 on: 04 Jun 2013 11:10AM »
Thats a good way to think of it Hurty  >biggrin<
hubbys pegs out now as I cant, he hangs clothes all different to me so I dont look anymore cos it winds me up lololol so as long as their dry, who cares.

My tops I would hang pegs under the arms, bottoms from the waistband, towels have to be pulled straight at the top to avoid getting the dip in the middle.  Oh and I didnt think I had ocd lolol

If I dry anything it is now indoors on the clothes horse or radiator. lol   >biggergrin<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #61 on: 04 Jun 2013 03:54PM »
My washing is uaually dried inside on an airer (cos I don't have anything on which to hang them outside since the line broke). In fact, we have 2 airers, one smaller than the other. Undies and socks go on the smaller one and everything else on the larger - and woe betide Mr H if he puts anything on the wrong one  >lol<

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #62 on: 04 Jun 2013 04:09PM »
I've done a washing today. The trousers and anything else prone to crumpling go on the hand rails in the passageway leading to the living rooms. The rest is spun dry. I have no interest in pairing socks off. My only stipulation is that I have an underpants rota. I have 17 pairs and the freshly-washed ones go in the bottom of the drawer so the others are worn first.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #63 on: 04 Jun 2013 05:16PM »
Jockice - I do exactly the same!  Only I have considerably more than 17 pairs of underpinnings....

This thread is now deliciously off the original topic  >biggrin< so I'm now wondering just how AndMac is getting on with the commode!  In the meanwhile, 'as you were', it's most enlightening to hear about other peeps' laundry (and other household maintenance) habits  >whistle<

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #64 on: 05 Jun 2013 02:16AM »
I am a Grade 1 thread hijacker, so no worries. Commode is great. Another bonus, it  keeps me out of my son's way in the morning when he wants to use bathroom at the same time as me.

I've been known to sit crosslegged on the bed for twenty minutes before now, unable to do anything other than read, frantically hoping he finishes in the bathroom ...

I thought everybody hung trousers and skirts up by their waistbands, was gobsmacked when son hung trousers by the legs. I suspected he did it to provoke me at first.

I have wooden pegs, dolly pegs (rubbish), storm pegs, pegs shaped like lyres, fat pegs, thin pegs,  pegs with springs , soft grip pegs, firm grip pegs. An amazing number of plastic pegs are not photo-stable, they 'decay' in sunlight when on the line and break after a few months use. Isn't that annoying? Then you go out and buy the latest thing in pegs from Wilkos in the faint hope that they will be better. Match colours? I'm lucky if three of mine even resemble the others.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #65 on: 05 Jun 2013 03:09AM »
My parents, especially my mother, had an absolutely phenomenal record of wanting to use the toilet at the same time as me. And the house I shared with them from the age of ten had the lock on the outside of the bathroom door so I couldn't even be guaranteed privacy when I was in there. And if I happened to go to the toilet naked - my bedroom was next door to the bathroom plus when I get up I genuinely don't have time to put anything on before peeing. Any delay can be fatal  - that made it even more likely.

My sister stayed at my place - a one-bedroom flat - for an evening earlier this year and of course during the appropriately one minute I was naked - changing my underpants in the living room where I had slept - she walked in on me. I mentioned mum doing that as well and my sis said exactly the same used to happen to her to the extent she actually thought mum was doing it on purpose.

"You've nothing I haven't seen before.'' That was her catchphrase. Er, sorry mum, but what part of: "I don't want my mother to see my genitals,'' do you not understand?

Yvette

« Reply #66 on: 05 Jun 2013 08:39AM »
When my (now ex) husband and I were visiting my parents, my mother once walked in on us during an intimate moment.   >whistle<

Fortunately we were both under the duvet as it was winter. 

She never walked in on us again.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #67 on: 05 Jun 2013 05:30PM »
LOL Yvette. Even the knowledge that my mother was in the house would be enough to inhibit me to the extent that nothing was going to happen anyway!

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #68 on: 07 Jun 2013 01:11AM »
I got an email from Amazon that the commode  suppliers had requested some feedback, they probably didn't know that I'd given it five stars.
So I mailed them a 'Thanks' feedback in which I mentioned this thread... perhaps they've had some entertaining reading!!
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker