Author Topic: The only forum on the net to share THIS news...!  (Read 13474 times)

AndMac

• Charter Member
My latest Amazon purchase arrived today. No, not the Stedifoot, I'm still getting to grips with that, (will review in due course) but, er.... something for the bedroom to make life easier.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aidapt-VR252-Dark-Wood-Commode/dp/B002NPWMHY/ref=pd_ybh_8

I have reviewed it on Amazon, very happy so far, do take a look. This is definitely the only place on the net where I could share this info... No more getting wide awake and taking five minutes to get to the bathroom at 2 am... and 4.30 am ... and 7.00 am!
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: The only forum on the net to share THIS news...!
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2013 06:53PM »
Excellent. I do remember when I used to stay with my Gran when young in her house all the bedrooms had a chamber pot or two under the bed. The commode looks far more elegant and comfortable.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Yvette

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2013 08:48AM »
It looks fab.

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2013 09:41AM »
Despite what doctors seem to think, I rarely have to get up to have a pee during the night, and I never wet the bed. My bladder problems (and they are real problems) seem to occur exclusively during waking hours. But I do have to have a pee within about a minute of getting out of bed, which can be a problem when your body's not moving very well like at the moment. So I have a bottle. It's one of those sports water bottles, for Keynsham Town Ladies Football Club, a team I've never seen in a place I've never been. I haven't the slightest idea where I got it from.

I have a great story involving my mate Mick and the commode that used to be in the attic at my parents' house, but I don't think I should tell you. It took me long enough to explain the hole in the wall to my mum.

gus

• Diamond member
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2013 09:57AM »
I wish I could afford to buy that commode for emergencies. We have a walk in shower and the toilet is in the same room. When my daughter or wife are using the shower they often have to come out if I need the loo because I have very little control maybe 2 minutes at the most. Something like that would be fantastic I have room in the corner of the bedroom and would not feel so anxious when someones in the bathroom. The joys of IBD.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2013 12:32PM »
Jockice amazon sell chamber pots and such as well . Cheaper than a commode but  may suffice in an emergency better than a bucket in the garden shed  >lol<
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2013 03:25PM »
I have one just like that , As we have only one toilet in the Shower room and Ry can be in there for an hour with IBS so it's essential.
Only one complaint that its very hard on the Butt if your sat on it for more than a couple of mins.
Mind its a nice looking piece of furniture not at all like a commode looks good in my bedroom my friend with MS wants one.  .

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2013 05:46PM »
I have a great story involving my mate Mick and the commode that used to be in the attic at my parents' house, but I don't think I should tell you. It took me long enough to explain the hole in the wall to my mum.

Oh, come on, Jockice, don't be a tease and dangle a snippet like that - how about sharing with us the abridged version??

AndMac, love the thought behind the thread title - no 'embarrassing bodies' here  >biggrin<

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2013 08:17PM »
Jockice, do tell... please?!

Gus, you can get a self-assembly commode for £30, I got that one with some vouchers I had, so it brought the price right down.
 I was tempted by the self-assembly one but the clinical appearance put me off a little.

It's wonderful in use - the first night I took just a couple of steps out of a warm bed, got back into a warm bed and was back asleep in seconds. Net result of staying warm was one less visit during the night.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2013 08:45PM »
Oh wow Andmac

Looks fab, just like a normal chair, what a revelation.  This would be great for me too, as you know i have at least 1 trip to the bathroom each night, some nights its 3 /4.  I dont have far to go as i have a 2 bedroomed house, which has two double bedrooms, and the bathroom is bang smack in the middle of both rooms, so out of bed, about 8 footsteps to the bathroom and thats it, works with the second bedroom as well (which sherbs boy used to sleep in), now its the spare.

Anyway, back to the commode, eventhough i have a short distance i still dont always get there on time    >blush<   and need to put the light on, hence i am now wide awake, cold, disorentated etc.  so that commode would be just great.

My mother who had her stroke 8 months ago has the one from amazon thats similar to the basic £35 one, it looks awful (not that i would tell her that), it just looks so commode -ie.  She would love a chair one like yours, as i know she hates the one she has, but it was free from the O/T. and you have to take what you can in Ireland as their health service is in a much worse state than ours.    >doh<

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2013 09:01PM »
"Oh, come on, Jockice, don't be a tease and dangle a snippet like that - how about sharing with us the abridged version?"

No chance. It did involve urination though. Just not into the commode.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2013 09:34PM »
Yeah, but... the hole in the wall?  I'm sure even your pee isn't that potent...

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2013 10:07PM »
Indeed. I'm going to let you use your imagination there.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2013 10:36PM »
Jockice, you are a naughty boy.  You know that you are going to tell us in the end!

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: 19 May 2013 10:43PM »
Oh no I'm not. Anyway, it wasn't me, it was Mick. Admittedly it wouldn't have happened without my encouragement though.