Author Topic: Newbie (Of sorts)  (Read 5084 times)

RococoSoul

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Diamond member
  • This is Della
Newbie (Of sorts)
« on: 30 Jan 2012 08:44PM »
Hello. I hope some of you remember me from the old Ouch messageboard. It took me a while to find you. I was away for a short time as I'd been burgled and my laptop was in the loot bag. Anyway, since my last post I have been through the mill of it. I've had spinal problems for 18yrs now. But in July last year I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid and my hair started to fall out, my memory became fuzzy and my heart rate was all over the place. Then after a couple of lung infections I spent a  few weeks in hospital with Reactive Arthritis. Then to end the year (November) I had a L5/S1 discectomy and root decompression (Laminectomy). The surgery didn't go to plan and, in the surgeons own words, 'Was the worst surgery I've had to perform'. I didn't get the results I hoped for, and lost the feeling in my leg, to boot! (Excuse the pun). On top of which I still suffer terrible with the arthritis, which can affect any one of my joints.  >yikes<

I thought I'd fill you in on why I have been M.I.A. I'm in the process of reapplying for DLA after being refused, appealing, tribunal etc. So I will post when I can and give updates (still no laptop). Great forum btw. Gentle hugs all round  >bighugs<

xx

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

meandmurphy

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
Re: Newbie (Of sorts)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2012 08:48PM »
 >bighugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2012 08:52PM »
Welcome, Rococo - I remember you from the old message board, delighted you've found us  >biggrin<

All the very best with your DLA application, you can still get advice on that here if you wish  >thumbsup<

hossylass

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2012 08:59PM »
I was really pleased to see your name ! Hurrah!!! {vague dancing around the room type thing}

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2012 09:20PM »
Hooray!! Good to see some familiar names, it's been so long :) x
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hossylass

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:03PM »
A lot found us during and since the Spartacus report.

It is sooooo lovely to see so many of us joined together again - the Government will be pooh-ing themselves soon.

I am really chuffed :)

Prabhakari

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:15PM »
Message no. 1

But apart from that......

Hekko from Prabhakari.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:18PM »
*Links arms* I'm with you Hossy. I been posting my frustrations on my fb page the last couple of months. I need this group more than ever now. But for now, I only have my phone to make posts, so will post as long as I have a signal :D

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:20PM »
 >biggrin< Hello Prabhakari

Prabhakari

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:35PM »
Hekko Rococo Soul. I have long posted in Mustardland. I followed the nasty treatment of OUCH by the B.B.C. so was able to join here, when well enough.

Sorry to see that you are having a bad time. I hope that you will enjoy some relatively good periods.

With metta, Prabhakari.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:53PM »
Hello  >cheerup< 

Glad you found us!

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2012 10:56PM »
Thank you! I hope you're as well as can be. I was away from the old Ouch for quite some   time, but I know very well >steam<

:)

Thank you, Ditchdwellers, hello :)

booboo

• Diamond member
« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2012 12:06AM »
Hi RococoSoul >rainbow<

Good luck with your form - will keep fingers crossed you get success.

It sounds like you have had a really rough time, your illnesses, surgery and stuff getting pinched.
I only started on here recently as was not aware - but am so glad I did find it and have found it reassuring, informative, a happy place to be and full of kind and lovely people.  That seems a bit sickly to read but in all honestly I can say that is what I have found. 

Look forward to reading your posts  >hugs<

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2012 12:26AM »
 Thank you Booboo. I sent my forms in 8weeks ago today, so would have everything crossed if I could :) I recieved a letter saying they had my application, then a letter to say they had requested info from my surgeon. Then I sent a report off my doctor. After which DWP wrote to say they had requested a report from my doctor >whistle< and lastly a letter saying they were sorry for the wait and they would deal with my claim as quickly as they could. I'm trying not to read too much into it all, but very hard not to.

They're a great bunch on this group, they've certainly helped me in the past. Sorry for my in depth account above lol. Nice to meet you :)

hossylass

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2012 01:20AM »
I am really sorry to hear about all that has happened, it has been pretty grim for you.

I have my fingers crossed (ouch!) and I hope you get a result this time.  >hugs<

This Ouch is much more fun - mainly as at least two of the mods were reknowned for being a tiny weeny bit naughty on the old boards... and you dont have to wait three flippin' minutes to make a post !   >lol<

And no-one shouts at me for getting 'political' (well not much!)   >devil<