Author Topic: Support Group :)  (Read 1319 times)

Lloydies

• Charter Member
Support Group :)
« on: 14 Jan 2012 12:47PM »
Hi all
Had another ESA50 form just before Christmas which i wasn't going to fill in as i couldn't face the "medical" farce & an appeal Tribunal like last time as it stressed me out so much it made me ill.

Well......
After a lousy week having had a Wisdom tooth out this last week (although it was my birthday)  i've been stressing out waiting for the brown envelope amongst the coloured birthday cards in the post.

Today i got the brown envelope & they've put me from WRAG into the support group!!!!!

The initial form i filled out without much info as i've got several Chronic conditions (one of which is Leukaemia) & i honestly believed i would have a fair medical back in 2009 to explain all.
This second form i filled out over several days just before Christmas & wrote the equivilant of "War & Peace" having filled out the online form i could put so much more in the boxes.

I'd like to thank those of you here online who encouraged me to fill out the form rather than give up.
Using information i didn't have originally i was able to put my point across & the DM has taken note without needing to attend another ATOS medical.

I can now inform Ingeus who had booked me an appointment to fill out CV's & job applications that i have no need to attend any further :)

For all those who have yet to go through the process let me say there is hope & some compassionate people within the DWP & don't give up the fight.

hossylass

Re: Support Group :)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2012 01:01PM »
Fantastic news, I am really chuffed for you.

Luekemia should be automatically support group in my opinion, after all, if you are well enough you can choose to work - support group is not a compulsory prison, regardless of what the ConDems say (which is weirdly their only arguement for reform).

Please do tell us if you ever feel "trapped" on benefits !

And I hope you can relax a bit, though they may well ask you again in 6 months, if they do you just keep sending the exact same information...

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2012 01:11PM »
Lloydies, that's fantastic news! As Hossylass said, perhaps now you can get a bit of space to concentrate on yourself and your health!  >thumbsup<

Sofie

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2012 02:36PM »
I can now inform Ingeus who had booked me an appointment to fill out CV's & job applications that i have no need to attend any further :)

First of all, that's wonderful news. Secondly, if you want to, you can carry on with the work programme if you want to get back to work.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2012 02:39PM »
 >applause<  that is great news!

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2012 02:53PM »
Join the club! Congrats.