Author Topic: Old age catching up.  (Read 302 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Old age catching up.
« on: 14 Sep 2021 04:10PM »
When you realise in the middle of the night when camping that the two litre urine container is not big enough.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Old age catching up.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2021 08:57PM »
That's not old age catching up, it's a good night's partying catching up.  Posh cocktails or cheapo booze by the barrelful?

What d'you mean, it was just tea?  Boring.

Have you got any girlies with you?  Good quality sanitary towels can absorb quite a bit and be thrown out in the morning (but don't bother with tampons).

'Scuse me while I just go and turn a tap on to make you overflow the container, oldie!
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2021 09:46PM »
I went to a grey-haired dance class today.  The caller/instructor had done a wonderful job of adapting the dances.  Lots of dances we'd normally do with touching hands, holding hands, interleaving arms etc. done without contact, albeit quite a few near-misses because most of us have our "Oops, was I supposed to be moving to the right not the left?  Oh dear!" moments.

I came away realising that it's not old I personally feel now.  Somewhere along the line, during the pandemic, after so much "Where did my life go?" ruminations, a bit of me thought "Ok, new life, next stage."  I'm not sure how that happened.

I'm still feeling brain-fogged when I get in, as I was before the pandemic, but to a manageable degree.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2021 06:46AM »
That's not old age catching up, it's a good night's partying catching up. 

Actually it wasn't.  I was camped with a few other of the clinically extremely vulnerable at a quiet location in darkest Gloucestershire. No partying involved.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2021 12:37PM »
Well it was worth hoping there was an explanation like that that would mean that there'd been some pleasure to compensate for it.  I don't actually want you to feel grot.  Not that I'd embarass myself by admitting I like you.

Mind you, it occurs to me now that I've probably misunderstood.  I perceived it, if you'll forgive the bluntness, as a container you were urinating into in what I'll call 'normal stand up and pee' manner.  But for all I know it could be via a catheter or something, i.e. not so readily adjusted for quantity need.

If, however, it's 'bucket' type thing and you've got a can't-hold-on problem, just before my ataxia went into remission, I was getting fed up with very thick pads and after I'd made some comment on here about thinking back to my long-ago days of using washable sanitary towels, I'd been wondering if I could make some washable incontinence pads, someone told me about ones you can buy and washable incontinence pants.  I thought that was a dead good idea.  Except as I type that, maybe not for camping, but at home?

That being said, you probably know all that anyway and are thinking "Oh, for heaven's sake, that's not what I need!"

I'm annoyed with my bladder at the moment.  I've been having trouble sleeping and was puzzled because even though I'm very depressed about certain things at the moment, I was beginning to believe that wasn't ruminations keeping me awake, I was ruminating because I was awake. Then in the last few days I've realised I'm not going to the loo in the night because I'm waking up (I always did that) but the reverse.  I don't understand.  I'm not going to the loo every five minutes during the day.  Last night, it must have been at least six times, and probably more.

So if it's a bucket you're using, pass it over here, will you?

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2021 03:38PM »

So if it's a bucket you're using, pass it over here, will you?

It was unisex camping/travel urinal of two litres capacity.  I have now purchased a second one to go with it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2021 03:51PM »
 :thumbsup: