Author Topic: Got appointment for my jab!!!!!!!!  (Read 1388 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Got appointment for my jab!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 04 Feb 2021 03:19AM »
I had my first Pfizer on Saturday having received a text the day before with a weblink to make an appointment. I didn't bother updosing my steroids to have it though it appears most people with adrenal insufficiency have done. I did have my emergency injection kit to hand in case though plus steroids on me ready. But I didn't need any and I had no side effects at all.

Step one done. Second vaccine should be in April reaching optimum protection mid May which in my opinion isn't speedy considering that I am CEV.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: 04 Feb 2021 09:55AM »
I would not worry too much Fiz. You may not have optimum protection in a couple of weeks time but you should have good protection. The protection that is offered seems to be sufficient to prevent serious complications requiring hospitalisation.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: 04 Feb 2021 01:15PM »
I was booked in for my first Covid jab tomorrow, but I've gone down with a UTI and started antibiotics this morning so was told to cancel it. I phoned the rheumatology department to check as I'm immunosuppressed at the moment and they confirmed that I shouldn't have it until I have fully recovered and my WBC count has come back up.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 10 Feb 2021 01:10AM »
What a nuisance DD. I do hope that you are feeling better now and can soon have your vaccine.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: 23 Feb 2021 12:13PM »

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: 16 Feb 2021 08:53AM »

Used the online booking system to get "jab" appointments for my wife. No problems at all. Her first jab on Saturday.
Only problem it is 20 miles away. So I will do the driving.

ditchdwellers

« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2021 04:23PM »

My husband has just gone out for his. He's under 65 with no qualifying health concerns, so I only assume it's luck of the draw or because he's registered as my carer.

Hope all goes well for your wife on Saturday Iankou.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 17 Feb 2021 06:22PM »

Quote from: ditchdwellers on 17 Feb 2021 04:23PM

Hope all goes well for your wife on Saturday Iankou.

As long as we can find the venue where the vaccinations are being carried out.

choclate cake

« Reply #22 on: 18 Feb 2021 06:55PM »

Hello Ouch readers

I was formerly bulekingfisher but now chocolate cake, i

choclate cake

• Bronze Member
« Reply #23 on: 21 Feb 2021 07:11PM »

Hello Lanko

I got my first jab on Mon 15th 2021 + only 2 minutes notice

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2021 08:51PM »
Hello Fiz

I had my first jab in early April 2nd  jab middle of May no health problem's I am 66year's old + I live in a supported living house with 5 other people who are all healthy as are the staff

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 04 Jul 2021 12:15PM »
Good  Morning  Old Tone 27

About getting a corno virus 10. Jab as I live in a supported living house the local GP came in to the house + inoculated every one with the second jab 6 week's after the first jab

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: 04 Jul 2021 12:31PM »
That sounds very convenient. I guess they are eager to get as many vaccinated as possible so such visits avoid the transport difficulties some people encounter.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: 04 Jul 2021 01:00PM »
I think it's wonderful how much extra effort so many health professionals and others have gone to to help people get their jabs.

Sadly, I see that whilst the number of GPs shown in surveys to be planning within the next five years was already very high before the pandemic, the numbers have shot up now.

A few GPs don't make an effort, but I believe that the vast majority work very hard and get all the aggro for cuts to the NHS, so that makes me appreciate all the more those GPs that find the time for things like home visits.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: 14 Jul 2021 06:36AM »
It does appear that there is a massive GP shortage and yet their wages are huge! I think it's a very stressful job though. I belong to a large GP surgery with up to 20 GPs and only one works full time. My GP works two days a week, most of the others work three days. And I think that's down to how stressful the job is. Thankfully the salary means they can afford to live on that.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: 14 Jul 2021 11:56AM »
I'd like to make some points about GP salaries. This relates to England.

Yes, GPs can earn a lot.  But bear in mind that traditional GPs are self-employed and so they have costs we can easily not notice relating to running their business.  The figure that stuck in my mind on this relates to out of hours doctors.  Insurance, which they have to find the money for, varies between £10,000 and £20,000 a year.

There's less and less incentive for those leaving medical school to stay in this country. They graduate with debts of sixty or seventy thousand pounds or more, and as was rather pointedly referred to during the junior doctor's strike not many years ago, a management trainee at Lidl, with a three year degree in an unspecified subject, was paid more than an FY1 doctor.

I agree with you about stressful.  I was horrified when I first read about GPs and doctors in some other specialties like A&E resorting to incontinence pads not because they had an incontinence problem in the usual sense, but because they couldn't get loo breaks.

And the normal working day seems to be twelve hours or more.  So much of the media likes to imply doctors are only working when they're physically seeing patients, not all the time they spend on the written stuff and home visits. 

You could work three thirteen hour days and be working as much as some people work in five days. 

Although I think your surgery's unusual in telling you how many days the doctors work, because where I am, all you can do is guess based on what work they do where, whether, for instance, they're also spending time doing management of a group of practices, or doing out-of-hours, or teaching, or whatever.

But what I think is the simplest proof of the truth of what you say about the job being stressful is looking at the stress of medicine overall - the last time I checked (not for over a year), two doctors a week were committing suicide in the UK.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)