Forum > Health and Disability

High blood pressure

<< < (2/4) > >>

ally:
I had high BP readings a while ago, alongside anaemia, and, other health issues.  I decided to take control of my health, and, lost five stone.  The above are all fine now.   It wasn’t easy, but, once I started to lose weight, i just carried on with it.  I can’t join SW clubs due to being profoundly deaf.   Therefore, I did everything alone by researching the internet.  There’s some good sites to look at online if anyone is interested in losing weight.

Fiz:
I've lost nine and a half stones in eighteen months before so I do know it's possible. That started off very healthily but I got caught up in the control and became frightened of food. A lot of me wishes that I was still frightened of food.

I've taken my steroid dose down a notch, slightly earlier than planned as I was going to try and get through Christmas before doing this but lowering the blood pressure takes precedent at the moment.

Sunshine Meadows:
Just a quick post ... my blood pressure had been around 135 - 100 for a couple or so years. My GP was trying to find suitable blood pressure medication for me when Covid started and  we have not got that sorted yet. I recently started taking Menopace Night and it has helped fatigue and restlessness. It also brought my blood pressure down to around 128 - 93.

I am wondering if cortisol being higher during perimenopause and menopause is why my blood pressure was too high in the first place.

Still shaking too much.

:big_hugs:

Sunny Clouds:
I wish I'd had better menopause care.  I think it's often underestimated how relevant it is to so many health problems.  I admire women who look at how it affects them and take action.  I just sort of gave up because the psychiatrists and gynaecologists just attributed perimenstrual crashes as symptoms of my bipolar disorder.

I wonder how many women have symptoms attributed to loads of other conditions.

It's encouraging when various Ouchers try out various ways of helping themselves, it gives me a sense I should keep doing what I can.

It's a small offering in return, but hugs of thanks to those of you tackling blood pressure for the timely reminder not to give up on basics.  I haven't checked my blood pressure for a while, but I shall start doing so again.

:big_hugs:

Fiz:
My GP isn't concerned about my blood pressure! She said that if it continues she would start to worry but it's not alarming. She said that I am under immense stress at the moment physically and emotionally and she's sure that is part of it. I had tapered my steroid dose on Monday as they can raise blood pressure but she's told me to return to Sunday's dose as I am very fatigued and have a lot to get through plus Christmas in the next couple of weeks and my plan to taper at the start of the year was a good one. She didn't even take my blood pressure! She did say that she will keep an eye on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version