Author Topic: Call girl care home investigated.  (Read 2571 times)

Yvette

Re: Call girl care home investigated.
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2013 02:48PM »
Very sensible Bule.  >thumbsup<

DarthVector

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2013 03:31PM »
I see.

Credit card companies are not allowed to make a customer bear the losses from fraud unless the customer was negligent in some way. I don't know the exact rules, or whether there are any time limits on complaining about it, but I think you have a reasonable case for arguing that it wasn't your fault for being targeted by a serial fraudster, given that she went to prison.

After all, there's nothing to say that she didn't deliberately hide the card in the hope that you would forget it and she would be able to abuse it. The card company should be suing her for the money, not making you pay it. It might be worth speaking to your local Citizens' Advice centre to see if there's anything you can do to get your money back.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: 02 Feb 2013 11:34AM »
Hello Darth Vader

About my credit card fraud it happened about 20 years ago + I don't want to open any old wounds as the  incedent hurt my mum at the time + we both just want to foreget it

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: 02 Feb 2013 11:54AM »
Bule, that was a terrible thing to have happen to you. Glad that you're trying to move on from it.

DarthVector

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: 03 Feb 2013 01:07AM »
Ah, I see; too long ago to do anything about it, then. I'm sorry to hear that, Bule.