Author Topic: Bad weather  (Read 889 times)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Bad weather
« on: 31 Jan 2021 01:22PM »
News reports are full of snow and floods at the moment.
I hope everyone is keeping safe and well during this spell of bad weather.
Spring is on the way!

oldtone27

• Charter Member
Re: Bad weather
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2021 01:41PM »
Fairly miserable here on south coast. Dull, overcast, cold and damp. Not actually raining, but almost.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2021 03:49PM »
The weather here on the Lizard has been bloody awful since Christmas.  It has either been Polar bears in the garden, persisting down with rain, fog or gusting force 10.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2021 01:46PM »
We had some snow, then it went to typical weather for the time of year grey with rain.

Today has been sunny and I now have a headache brewing pfffft

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2021 09:22PM »
Hope you managed to shake that headache off quickly - they are just so annoying...

No snow here, but seems to be cold for a few days, then mild with rain and wind, then cold again, then mild... a body doesn't know whether it's coming or going :/

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2021 09:38AM »
No snow here, but seems to be cold for a few days, then mild with rain and wind, then cold again, then mild...

A typical British winter then.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2021 08:40PM »
Hello Ditch Dweller

Today here in West Yorkshire4 5/4/21 the sun was shinning but  a bitterly cold artic wind so I stayed in my supported living house all-day laughing at the clown with a red nose + big  shoe's Boris could take a 2ndn job in the circus as Mr Flip Flop

JLR2

« Reply #7 on: 06 Apr 2021 10:16PM »
I know where the snow's been, in my face over the last few days. I am beginning to get depressed about the workings of mother nature. I just can't help the feeling that because I want to get some things done in the back garden, things that involve extension cables and the like, that nutter on the 19th floor of a 12 story building is plain taking the micky. Over a year back I bought two wee tins of a safety paint, the stuff usually used in  warehouses to mark out areas on the floor. My intention was to use it to highlight where the concrete used to create the parking in the front garden for the car, this would help me on dark nights with my parking as the paint is a luminous bright yellow. Since I received this paint which requires a good eight hours to fully dry out we have hardly seen two dry days in succession where I live.

Chances are either the Covid19 pandemic will be well over or Scotland will have voted in an independence referendum by the time I get to open one of those tins of paint. Is it too much trouble to ask for a few dry days?

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2021 07:24PM »
Hello Old Tone

I have some flower seed's I want to plant out but the weather is to un-predicable + the old expression is don't cast a clot until May is out this is don't remove the sheeting or covering until you are certain  the weather is warm enough by the end of May it should be but green house warm is throwing the trusted method out of syn-ration

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2021 11:23AM »
I agree about the weather. My plugs are growing nicely by the window and I reckon should be ready to plant out in a week or two.  Its wet at the moment but less windy and not so cold. I guess in the south we are probably a couple of weeks ahead of Scotland for sowing or planting out. I hope the weather improves.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2021 04:20PM »
I drove my wife to get her second jab today, the staff marshalling traffic in the absolutely foul weather deserve medals.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2021 06:25PM »
They certainly do;  I can just about face being out with (light) rain or wind but both together - nah!