Author Topic: 12 billion  (Read 226 times)

JLR2

12 billion
« on: 17 Dec 2020 09:57PM »
We all have experienced the period following the 2008 crisis when the Tory/Libdem coalition imposed their 12 billion cuts to the DWP budget so given the monies found, through borrowing to help deal with the covod19 pandemic, should there not be a legal investigation into those welfare budget cuts?

There were victims of those benefit cuts who lost their lives and I feel those responsible for the cuts should face charges of involuntary manslaughter. The fact that the Chancellor in Westminster has found many hundreds of billions to fund the furlough scheme to my mind is evidence the 12 billion austerity cuts to the DWP budget were no where near justifiable and perhaps such as a judicial review might come to the same conclusion.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 12 billion
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2020 03:59PM »
Sad to say I think the ship has sailed on getting any individuals or groups accepting their wrongdoings. it still matters along with all the suffering that is ongoing because for example the cuts made to social care have I think contributed to the death toll from Covid.

As to finding money down the back of the sofa, to a degree it depends where the money is coming from and where it was going. It seems to me that there has been a lot of money to be made by the 'right' people.