Author Topic: I've blocked the bog!  (Read 430 times)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
I've blocked the bog!
« on: 15 Dec 2020 06:25PM »
After a two week period of pretty bad constipation things started moving today. Hooray you may think, only things are quite this simple are they?

Warning - may be a little graphic

There wasn't much of it, just solid lump in the bottom of the bog that won't flush away.

Warning over

Dilemma:

Do I warn my husband before he comes home (he works late) so he bring tools in from the van with him?

Do I pretend it was him before he left for work this morning and deny all knowledge?

Real problem is that the cleaner is coming tomorrow morning so situation needs sorting.

Any resourceful Oucher got a good idea?

Thanks!!

JLR2

Re: I've blocked the bog!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2020 07:00PM »
"Real problem is that the cleaner is coming tomorrow morning so situation needs sorting"

Err, I wouldn't be worrying about the cleaner coming tomorrow rather I'd be more worried about needing to visit the loo again :o(

The nearest thought I can think of is to use a toilet plunger to see if you can shift the blockage. If you do not have one of these perhaps a neighbour might, I'm sure they'd let you borrow theirs. Another thought I've had is the idea of perhaps trying putting warm water into the bowl, the idea being it might soften that which is blocking it from flushing properly.

I did once experience something similar to what you're describing and it was the plunger route that worked out for me. I've been fortunate in that since I replaced my toilet bowl and the repairs that were done following the nightmare I had last year my loo is working as it should. I don't know why it is that the new toilet bowl appears to get rid of so much and far more easier than my old bowl but I'm happy that it does.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2020 07:01PM »
I have similar problems, (I blame the Metformin,) I try flushing a few times, if that fails I put a bucket bucket of water down the Thunder box at the same time as flushing.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2020 02:50PM »
Well, I resolved the problem thanks to both your tips!

I found a big pokey stick thing in the shed that seemed to break things up a bit, followed up with a bucket of warm water with simultaneously flushing got things moving. I think the half bottle of bleach might have had something to do with it too!

Many thanks for your help. And I did confess to my husband when he got home and he thought it was hilarious!

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2020 02:42PM »
I found a big pokey stick thing in the shed that seemed to break things up a bit, followed up with a bucket of warm water with simultaneously flushing got things moving. I think the half bottle of bleach might have had something to do with it too

Eeeek , we are lucky to have a macerator toilet downstairs.

Tis good you you got it sorted.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2020 02:47PM by Sunshine Meadows »

JLR2

« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2020 04:22PM »
I seem to remember Keith Moon had this problem with hotel loos, his remedy was the use of thunderflash grenades :o)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2020 09:31PM »
This thread just goes to show, we talk about anything and everything here on OuchToo :-)  I'm inclined to say 'thanks for sharing, DD'....

On a serious note, constipation is a miserable affair, I suffer myself at times due to >bleep<ing medication, so hopefully your bowels are behaving better now!

JLR2

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2020 09:44PM »
From bowels to bowls, it's enough to drive u round the bend :o)

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2020 04:35PM »
Makes me realise that having a bag strapped to my Tum 24 /7 is a good thing. Esp as our neighbour 2 doors up is 86 is and I discovered when our toilet kept blocking and I had to contact the council and they came and told me there was allsorts in the drians Eg Salad stuff Lettuce potatoe peelings ets. Even a Dish cloth.  It seems she lifted the drainage top outside her back door and put stuff in the drain that way. She said did that in the Carabean where she came from.  We haven't had any problems since I told her I couldn't sleep worrying she had fallen on her head in the drain and nobody would Know. Mind the council also said the pipes are falling to bits and need replacing. But the can't afford to replace them .

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2020 12:44PM »
Hi Frances,
Lovely to see you! I guess there has to be some pluses to having a stoma.
How has your garden been this summer? I have always remembered your gorgeous photos of your flowers growing in the garden and they gave me great pleasure to see, even if I am envious of your green fingers and skills with a camera!

I hope it gave you and Ryan a beautiful place to relax in over the warmer months.