Author Topic: I do not believe it!  (Read 601 times)

JLR2

I do not believe it!
« on: 03 Dec 2020 12:25PM »
I just don't believe it, for the past couple of hours I've been cutting down one of my chopping boards as it had a split on one side and this gave me the idea to do the same with the other boards I have. Anyways having done my chopping of the boards and happy enough with the results I have just sat down as I await the start of the biathlon on German TV. I thought I'd have a quick update on my emails and one is to do with the "White Goods Scheme"  I had made an application to it earlier this year but was told they had decided I didn't qualify. OK I thought and on life would go as it were. Today's email from the folk running the scheme is telling me my application 'has' been approved and someone will be in touch in the next 5 days to arrange delivery of an under counter fridge.

The email though hasn't stopped there the very next paragraph informs me that someone will be in touch within the next 10 days to arrange the delivery of an under counter freezer, I just don't believe it. That corner shelf thing I was talking about in an earlier email is pretty much where I had intended putting the fridge I had applied for, thinking there would be no fridge I did as I did with my DIY idea. There is a wee bit of me wondering if this email might be part of some scam and perhaps when whoever calls me they will try to access things such as my bank account details or some other personal id information. I'll let you know what happens, right now I'm trying to work out in my head quite where I'm going to put things if they do turn up. One of the criteria involved in the White Goods Scheme is applicants are allowed to apply for one item of white goods and it is this in part that has me both surprised and suspicious of this email.

I've just been looking through my earlier emails and can't find the one which informed me that my application had been rejected, I'm sure I did get such an email, but the one I did find mentioned that applications are held open for 10 weeks and up to 3 items can be applied for so now I'm left in two minds about today's email, guess I'll just have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2020 12:38PM by JLR2 »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: I do not believe it!
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2020 02:15PM »
I did a search for 'white goods scheme' on Google and clicked on some of the links. One was caught by my Kaspercy surity software so I stopped look. I suggest you dont click on any in email links but go to the homepage of the organisation you put your application with and use the contact deltails there to ask for more information.

I am glad you are on the ball about not giving out your bank details.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2020 03:32PM »
One has to be so careful these days as there are so many scams about. As Sunshine says always go to the known website. Never click links if you are not absolutely sure of the source.

Same applies to phone calls from unknown numbers.

Its nasty to be so suspicious but necessary.

JLR2

« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2020 03:44PM »
Hi Sunshine, I've had a further email in which at the very start reads, "We recently wrote to you to let you know that we were unable to provide support through the Let

????? What happened there then?

I thought what I had typed in included the following, "Let
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2020 04:23PM by JLR2 »

JLR2

« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2020 04:24PM »
????? What happened there then?

I thought what I had typed in included the following, "Let

JLR2

« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2020 04:25PM »
Let

JLR2

« Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2020 04:27PM »
Talk

JLR2

« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2020 04:27PM »
Energy

JLR2

« Reply #8 on: 03 Dec 2020 04:28PM »
Fund

JLR2

« Reply #9 on: 03 Dec 2020 04:28PM »
That's the Let's Talk Energy Fund.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 03 Dec 2020 05:10PM »
https://www.lets-talk.online/ I took a look around and clicked some of the internal links. It looks okay to me, and I hope it works out for you :-)

https://fund.lets-talk.online/ As part of the Let's Talk Energy Fund we're currently working with the following energy suppliers: SSE
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2020 05:14PM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 03 Dec 2020 05:16PM »
We got
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2020 05:18PM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member