Author Topic: Welfare check, as in how are you?  (Read 1955 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Welfare check, as in how are you?
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2020 08:58PM »
 >lol<  it's probably hiding out where mine is ...

JLR2

« Reply #16 on: 23 Jul 2020 09:21PM »
Hi folks, this'll have to be short as I'm waiting for the naproxen I've just taken to kick in. Things have been fairly quiet where I am, apart from me cracking up elsewhere about Nicola Sturgeon and her losing sight of Scotland regaining its independence before 2050.

The one thing that's really been bugging me though is the weather up here, I put up the sunshade I made and some clown leaves natures door open so all I get is flippin' gale force winds trying to bring it down and when the winds die down a bit it is only so the rain can fall vertically. I swear if I take down the sunshade the weather will be great, so, so frustrating.

Another thing I find frustrating up here is trying to get workmen to do a job for me. I've spoken with some guys about building a garden arbour type thing in the back garden and though the guy came round and promised he would get estimates for the timber and wood needed I'm still waiting, same thing with the tiling I'd like to have done on the bathroom floor, speak to a local tiler, local tiler promises to come round to give estimate and then nothing, just what does it take to get a tradesman these days to do a job?

I feel really lucky to have my friend in Berlin to chat with every day, otherwise I'd not be in a good place, there's only so much telly you can have filling your day with other voices in the room.

huhn

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2020 11:57AM »
i just feel down. my little one was planed to come back home, but today  came the welfare department to me. and they declared she can not come back home,the house is not up to standard. nice excuse not to give her back. it is not acceptable with their excuses and delays.and this psycho terror to see an empty room for the  little one and nobody to use it.
also i am totally financially ruined with their permanent requests.

JLR2

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2020 08:31PM »
Huhn, wouldn't the welfare folk be able to help you bring the house up to the standard they are seeking?  I'm thinking along the lines of their helping you sort things like this out will be better long term for your mental health as well as your regular health, I thought that was something all council welfare departments would be keen to do.

I'm feeling a bit guilty now Huhn as I was going to mention how after my moan yesterday about workmen not turning up the guy I was talking about turned up today, just like the thing init?

huhn

« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2020 08:09AM »
from the welfare the words are empty. last time was the same, report was ceiling  falling down and smell of foreign substances . then my lawyer  came with them and all was ok.
what was making me yesterday also jump,was they ask me to contact my ex that he has to support me. for me unacceptable  ,they where  knowing 10 years before my divorce about domestic violence  and then they ask me to crawl  back and ask for support.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jul 2020 07:41PM »
I'm glad your workmen turned up JLR2 

huhn  >hugs<

>bighugs<

I've been struggling with Addison's fatigue, barely able to get get up from my bed today. So frustrating when I want to get the house into a more liveable state.

JLR2

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jul 2020 08:04AM »
Me too Fiz, I'll just wait a wee while now till the guy's got the other jobs he has just now done. As I was saying to him, I'd rather he was fairly busy than out of work, besides if the guy is being asked by others to be doing their fencing/building work then the reputation he has for being good at what he does has me happier he'll be doing the work I'm looking to be done, his price is settled at £600.

I'm not familiar with Addison's fatigue Fiz but I hope it doesn't hold you back for too long. I'm only struggling right now with the weather here in the Highlands, seriously it is beginning to depress me. Though I have high hopes for what's being done in my back garden the likelihood of my being able to enjoy it seems impossible, it's like we have not left the winter cycle of weather. I've just finished putting away the canvas awning I made for shade when sitting in the garden but the wind is just so determined to rip it off the securing points I have it fixed to with bungee ropes and given what Carole Kirkwood has been saying this morning we can expect the clouds to be squeezing out every last drop of rain as they pass over my garden, least it feels that way. All because I put a canvass sunshade up >steam<

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2020 09:25AM »
I have it fixed to with bungee ropes and given what Carole Kirkwood has been saying this morning we can expect the clouds to be squeezing out every last drop of rain as they pass over my garden, least it feels that way. All because I put a canvass sunshade up >steam<

I can make it rain by just going out my back door.

JLR2

« Reply #23 on: 28 Jul 2020 10:17AM »
I know that feeling all too well Lankou, I mean there just has to be a god doesn't there, some guy who's just bored watching the earth as it rotates and picking on individuals to wind up, either that or MI5's improving its surveillance. I've taken down the canvass I had up in the back garden and put it away, the rain cover I have over the wee garden bench I bought recently is just now being attacked by I guess the same clown who's been sending the rain. I'll have to nip out and put down more security on it, I've used those metal pin things folk use when securing their tents but I think I'll need to add to this by adding some branch lengths I still have from the tree that was taken down for me last year.

I meant to say regarding the guy I've been talking about doing some building work in the back garden, I have seen the work he has done for others locally and he lives less than 2000mtrs from my place so apart from my having the patience to wait till he gets around to doing my job for me I don't really have too much to get very bothered about. And anyway with the 'orrible weather we are getting up here I'm not likely to be out in the garden, apart from hanging washing, much anyway.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #24 on: 28 Jul 2020 11:06AM »
On 27/7/2020 it rained all day resulting in local flooding - thats my excuse for not doing any gardening.  To be fair I did read 3 books so quite enjoyed the rain from that perspective.

As for posting - I have very little constructive to say so tend to stay quiet.  I know thats not helpful for a conversation board but I prefer observing anyway.

>bighugs< >dove<

monic

huhn

« Reply #25 on: 28 Jul 2020 04:05PM »
here very hot and sunny, no swimming or outings for me, take medis and with it no sun on my skin aloud, please send some clouds to me

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jul 2020 07:10PM »
Fiz  Ryan finds when the Addisons really kicks in and he can't hardly get out of bed,       Even to go to the Toilet, He just has to take an extra dose of his Cortisol.
The Consultant has Ok'd it.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: 30 Jul 2020 04:14PM »
So now approaching 4 months into shielding and an information pack arrives from Public Health England in the post today on how to cope during shielding.

« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2020 04:19PM by lankou »

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: 31 Jul 2020 09:21AM »
It's nice to know PHE are on the ball. It took 8 weeks for my local hospital trust to tell me I should be shielding, but when I spoke to my consultant the following day they had got it wrong, as I suspected. Headless chickens come to mind.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #29 on: 31 Jul 2020 07:45PM »
I think its not much better in Scotland, we were sent home and told to work from home, 3 weeks later we were put on telephones to handle all the calls from the shielding people.  It was mad at times as our council had 7000+ shielding households.  All of them were expecting some sort of service, first it was food delivered, then it was prescriptions.  Our council provided meals that folk could reheat - that led to complaints - I don't eat that!, theres not enough here for a sparrow, I dont want this  >doh< >steam<.   Then it was food parcels with the same complaints.   Of course with social distancing the drivers just dropped the parcels off outside the doors, then you'd have old people phoning up "theres too much stuff here and I want fresh food not tinned!"   Then it was trying to explain that they could accept the free food or be put on the list for supermarket shops that they would have to pay for.  Some people took that but complained that it wasnt the supermarket of choice.  The fact it was a call centre type service  didnt help as they never got the same worker twice and couldnt understand we were working from home.   I got shouted at because "I want my medicine delivered today, I told you yesterday to get it and no one's delivered it yet" (at 9.15) I then had to take name address gp details, pharmacy and no of items which she didn't want to give cos she gave it yesterday  >crying<.
Then there were the ones who called to say their meals/ food parcels were nicked  >steam<
Another wanted her grass cut, another wanted the council to provide a decorator, the pranksters were fun but calls were recorded so you had to be careful.  Mr Hugh Jarsen caused much hysteria,  I also had to calm a colleague down after she told a whinger to feck off after 30 minutes of moaning the same morning she'd seen her neighbour being removed in a mortuary van.

Thats my take from the home worker council service side and 8 weeks after the start we were still getting new referrals from folk who had been without because they didnt watch the news so didnt see the publicity re council services.  SO getting mail now doesnt really surprise me.  As a welfare rights worker our nightmare was how do you complete forms when the client doesnt have internet - I'd complete a PIP/ESA form and email it to the client for them to copy or if able print, as I'm working from home I can't print anything to post it to you.

According to the first minister council staff wont be back in the office till September so this is going to continue for a while and I bet there will still be new referrals that are not on any list so are just being contacted now.
I'm away to find a darkened room to hide in  >biggrin<
>dove< >bighugs<