Author Topic: Welfare check, as in how are you?  (Read 1954 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Welfare check, as in how are you?
« on: 13 Jul 2020 10:54AM »
Not many people posting here lately. Is everyone OK, relatively speaking.

Sunshine

Re: Welfare check, as in how are you?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2020 12:49PM »
It nice of you to ask.

Right now I am shaking and dizzy, and just waiting for the cereal bar I ate to do it's work.

No magically miracle cures but as happens in the summer time I got my legs back under me a bit, so decided to paint the kitchen well the bits I can reach, a bit at a time, it is going on three weeks and getting there except for the ceiling.

I still have not dared to try to move Ouch Too to the shared hosting so I had to pay another month to keep it going here, which is okay I can afford it at the moment. That said Mr Sunshine has probably become unable to work anymore so there is that to face. Should be okay though.

I cut my hair and Mr Sunshine straightened the back. Part of me feels I missed out on the opportunity to shave my head at the beginning of lockdown. It might be a female thing but I just sometimes want to chop all my hair off.

I think most of the membership wandered off to other things so don't worry if many don't reply. For those who are reading I hope you all are as well as possible and happy to see each new day. Silver linings and all that.

How are you doing Lankou?

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2020 01:15PM »

How are you doing Lankou?

Getting "Hutch Happy" but even if I could go out I wouldn't because of the influx of large number of what I can only describe as pig ignorant tourists.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2020 11:23AM »
I am just about managing no better in any way but small mercy not really much worse. All Hossy apt cancelled for Ryan not that they can help him anymore , But several of his Consultants have phoned him to check he's still managing. Though it gets harder everyday. 95 % of day he is unable to get out of Bed. We have a New Puppy Called Babe a Miniture Dashund, She is adorable But was starved and scared of everything when we got her early Jan, Now she is getting chubby, I am trying to arrange for our former carer to take her to Vets to get her Spayed. Not easy as I have been isolated again until end of August, Also I am hoping she will walk her as well. We are having to manage with no care as it to dangerous for her to come in and out as we are both so vulnerable. Hope everyone of you keeping as Ok as you can be. Hugs from the 3 of us.

huhn

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2020 04:16PM »
still on two legs. still in court for my girl, she is on her way home, but i am still waiting and have to live with delays  and more delays .

SteveX

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2020 07:01PM »
Not many people posting here lately. Is everyone OK, relatively speaking.

I have my 'ok' days where I can just about manage things and my 'poor' days where anything is a real struggle, even getting dressed.
My head is up and down a lot now as I'm in the middle (yet again) of one of their vile assessments, I sent the esa50(?) off back in March and with the whole covid thing shutting things up, I wake each day and dread the post, I feel like the sword of damocles is over me, just waiting to drop.

so yeah, I'm up and down at the moment but just about coping.
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2020 07:55PM »
Hi
I'm fine, been working from home on phones since 24/03/2020  >steam< >crying< >doh< >biggrin<   >erm<  all in the one day.
I check in each night but dont have much to say.
I hope you are all well
Monic

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2020 09:22PM »
Thanks for asking, Lankou  :-)  Still kicking around, though a little distracted at the moment with family business (and the strange times we are living in right now!)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2020 11:03AM »
So four months into the lock-down/shielding the local council has just phoned up checking on my welfare.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2020 09:23PM »
That's very timely and efficient of them  >doh<

PS - I thought this thread would be quite suited for Talk, so have moved it...

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 17 Jul 2020 08:48AM »
...sorry, Lankou, I didn't mean to kill the thread  >blush<

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2020 10:31AM »
...sorry, Lankou, I didn't mean to kill the thread  >blush<

You haven't, I suspect people are too troubled to post.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 17 Jul 2020 07:24PM »
Hello.  I have nothing to say!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2020 07:46AM »
Thank you for asking Lankou.

I had a five day stay in hospital blue lighted in with adrenal crisis though the paramedic who arrived at my house within 5 minutes of my call managed to cannulate my crashed body on her third attempt and gave me the hydrocortisone and antiemetic before we went to hospital. No one in hospital could get a cannula in me anywhere which shows to me the skill of that paramedic. They obtained blood to test from a variety of stabs into my hand and both feet. I am now tapering down my steroids dose by dose every three days and should be on my maintenance dose by the end of July. I'm having to learn to manage with the extreme fatigue that comes with this Addison's. This morning I have managed to shower and wash my hair and put the previous clothes and nightclothes in the wash and I am absolutely exhausted. 

I do worry about the inevitable second wave, I can't believe how quickly restrictions are being lifted. Back to full football stadiums in October right when the second wave is expected. It's scary. I have only entered medical buildings when 100% necessary since early March, no other buildings at all and I have no intention of doing so in the foreseeable. I have no natural immunity now though and no Cortisol to fight any infection or virus. And yet if I was working the government would want me back to work at the beginning of August! 

I'm thinking of investing in a motor trike, more on that in another thread. 

I did log in while I was in hospital and was surprised to see only a couple of new posts since my last visit. It has been quiet so it's lovely to read this check in thread and hear from you all.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #14 on: 21 Jul 2020 11:28AM »
My body is here, just had a bout of cellulitis thanks to a stubbed toe!  Fortunately 5 weeks of intravenous antibiotics, looks like I'm almost over it all.

My brain ... haven't seen that in a long, long time >whistle<
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel