Author Topic: ESA50  (Read 12633 times)

bubble

Re: ESA50
« Reply #15 on: 21 Jul 2013 10:27AM »
Ive no answers for u as I don't know,  I just wanted to write to u for support Fiz >hugs<

Its a worry all this I'm filling my form in now,  and worrying. The same as you. I didn't need a medical last time so I hope I wont this time either.

Hubby has a medical tomorrow , and appeal in a few weeks. Hospital appointments gp , just trying to get through the day is a struggle.
Ahh well  >rainbow2<  I'll have another cuppa put the world to rights.

All the v best Fiz fingers crossed for all of us.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jul 2013 10:42AM »
Thanks Bubble  >hugs<. Hope your dh's medical goes ok tomorrow, what a stress.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2013 11:28AM »
If they do decide to leave me in the sg without a face to face could it be that I won't hear anything at all?
No, they will still send you a letter confirming the latest decision, so try and hang on for that before you think about the other stuff!  I know the waiting is awful, but it seems to go with the territory where ESA's concerned, unfortunately  >erm<

Bubble, all the best for your other half's medical..

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 21 Jul 2013 01:42PM »
Thanks Kizzy, that's reassuring. I shall wait then and try and be patient and not worry.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: 21 Jul 2013 02:50PM »
Mine was posted just a few days before yours, Fiz - I'm currently still on IB & have a note in my diary towards the end of September to ask the person who did the form for me to check up if I haven't heard by then. 
Until then I'm simply trying not to think about it at all as there's nothing at all I can or should do about it until I've heard from DWP or ATOS. 
My not-waiting-expectantly time is currently partly filled by unexpected hospital appts/ investigations and changes to existing treatments, while carrying on with normal routine things. 

I hope yours is filled by looking forward to the upcoming family wedding and your own continuing improving health. >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2013 02:06PM »
[General reply because there's more than one person on this thread in the throes of ESA50-ing.]

I'm fortunate in that my sense of time is a bit out so once I'd sent in my ESA50, I lost track of when I'd sent it, so I wasn't really aware how long the process of decision making was taking.  It must be horrid when you're the sort of person who is switched on about that sort of thing and are aware of the days ticking by.

However, if you submit an ESA50 and there's no quick answer, the best thing to do is to hope that that means that they've either put it at the bottom of the pile or that you're going to get a face to face assessment, and if the latter, the longer it takes, the better prepared you can be for what you're going to say. 

If you get it into your head that the delay is because they're going to turn you down and you can't damp down the worry of that, get on your computer and start planning your appeal.  If nothing else, it will act as a  good review of your current state of health/impairment etc. and of whether you need any extra help/equipment/healthcare/therapy etc. that you don't currently have.

I only say this because if like me any of you are worriers, it's best to divert your worrying into something to make you feel prepared rather than letting it get to you. 
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2013 03:43PM »
ESA50's are sent out 3 months before face to face appointments are due, so if previously they awarded ESA for 18 months then 15 months after that decision the ESA50 will arrive on your doorstep. This gives them 3 months to decide whether to call you in for a face to face or award without one. My worst fear is to be called in for a face to face, I hate and dread them so I am hanging on the hope that like last time they will decide without one.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: 26 Jul 2013 02:11PM »
Fiz,

Kizzy is right about them sending out the decision to you, but we have heard on a thread that Becca posted on that they DWP dont send another letter giving you a break down of how the amount of benefit is worked out if there has been no change in the amount.

Try not to get too stuck worrying about a face to face assessment because things have changed since ESA first came in partly because of Harrington but also because of the DWP realising that if the assessments are not to properly people will win their appeals.

Becca7

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2013 02:06PM »
I just wanted to say that I was told that they do not have to inform you if there is no change. I have now had that in writing from my local office. If my support worker had not rung I would not have recieved any confirmation at all so if you want something in writing regarding the claim contact them in case in your area they are doing the same thing.

Also, in my area we don't get ESA50 3 months before they run out, we get them on the day of renewal. Mine ran out 25th Feb this year and I got the form that week. It's annoying how it changes from area to area.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: 30 Jul 2013 05:34PM »
I suppose I should at least get a letter about the decision as "no change" isn't an option - it's not possible to just keep paying me IB after sending me a ESA50.   >confusedgif<

Still leaves 3 choices though... >erm<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: 30 Jul 2013 06:10PM »
It is worth remembering that more people are getting ESA than did when it first came out and also more are being placed in the Support group including another member of Ouch Too who mentioned recently appealing at getting moved from WRAG to Support Group.

>bighugs< >chocolate<

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: 15 Aug 2013 03:27PM »
I received a decision letter today (no face-to-face assessment).  It says I am entitled to contribution-based ESA & have been put in support group.  Feel a bit numb & teary but that'll wear off soon I expect. >what?>

On the last page it says, "The amounts on this page apply from 27 August 2013 to 25 November 2013.". 
Does that mean they'll send me another form in November >yikes<, or that the amount to be paid will change on that date, or is there another reason for it?
My condition hasn't changed a great deal in years (well, I have gained a gastric ulcer so had anti-inflammatory drugs stopped recently=more pain since form filled in) & isn't likely to suddenly improve; I don't understand why such a short time is quoted, have been on IB for years. >confusedgif<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: 15 Aug 2013 04:55PM »
Seegee, delighted to hear you have a positive ESA result  >thumbsup<

Regarding the 'end date' November 25, this is not connected to your award length at all - it's to do with the Christmas Bonus, believe it or not, as for one week only the amount will change and the DWP computer system can't process that change until nearer the time!  (The same thing happens for annual uprating - decision letters that give 'end dates' of April 9, say).  If you want to find out your 'prognosis' - the date at which ATOS have recommended you be re-assessed again - you need to give JobcentrePlus a call as they will have this on their systems, it's not normally given on the award letter (I had to find out mine from my personal advisor - funny old business, but that's the DWP for you  ;-))

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: 15 Aug 2013 06:38PM »
Ah, OK - I'll have to ask someone to phone JC+ then - either my PA or the bloke who filled the form out for me.  If that's not possible (i.e. DWP will speak only to me) I'll have to call in to the local office & ask them to check.
Thank you, Kizzy. >tah< >thumbsup<:-)  >star<

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #29 on: 15 Aug 2013 08:59PM »
Great news severe, congratulations