Forum > Cafe

Quiet in here, is everyone OK?

(1/3) > >>

lankou:
Quiet in here, is everyone OK? (Or as OK as is possible due to personal circumstances.)
There has been little "traffic" on the forum for several days.

Sunny Clouds:
Very depressed almost to the point of struggling to get key tasks done, but fighting it.  I'm trying not to post non-stop because I don't know how to be brief at the best of times but struggle more when I'm like this.

Today, I'm going to meet up with someone I know who's recently been bereaved.  It's the second time since their loss.  Last time, we discovered we'd got a shared interest in 'cause of war' documentaries.  Erm, that was just before Putin sent his troops into Ukraine.  Meeting them will also leave me having to go via a high street to get home, so I'll be inclined to do some shopping I've not got round to doing.

In a week or so, I'm taking a fairly new friend to a local event.  That for me is a major adventure because I just never do that. 

A couple of days ago, I checked up on an old friend I haven't seen for ages who's long-covid-ed & reminded them I'm willing to help out with stuff like shopping if needed.  The friend was doubtful until I pointed out I knew where they live and which buses to catch to get there (3 buses each way, but one change is on a high street with some nice bargain shops).  She said that when she's a little better, she'd like to meet near her for a walk or tea.

I'm also in contact on the phone with a friend in her nineties who's got cancer.  I'm annoyed.  It's her problem she might not live long enough to get her telegram, but mine if I lose another friend, grrhh.

That's soon after 'losing' two friends when one made a racist comment to me and the other excused it; and soon after realising another 'friend' was exploiting me financially, practically and emotionally.

I come here and frankly am concerned about how rough various other Ouchers are feeling, and struggle to think what to do except offer hugs, trying to resist the temptation to make too many practical suggestions that might actually be totally useless.

I'll make one to you. Feel free to tell me to bog off.  Suggestion - tell us how you're doing.  Oh, and here's a thank-you for putting up with my odd reference here and there over the years to demons vel sim., mon ami.   :f_rose:

lankou:

--- Quote from: Sunny Clouds on 16 Mar 2022 12:06PM ---

I'll make one to you. Feel free to tell me to bog off.  Suggestion - tell us how you're doing.  Oh, and here's a thank-you for putting up with my odd reference here and there over the years to demons vel sim., mon ami.   :f_rose:

--- End quote ---

I rarely tell people to bog off. It appears you are engaged with helping others.
As for me, my wife and I are getting prepared for a holiday in Brittany in a few days. (The paperwork is driving us nuts.)
This will be our last holiday in our mobile home in Brittany as due to old age it has got to the stage it needs to be scrapped.
(The contents we are not bringing back will be sorted and cleared away by a charity out in Brittany who will able to make use of most of it.)
All however is not lost, a Breton friend has just put three new mobile homes on his site for use as holiday rentals.  We have booked a two week holiday on October for a whole €300. His site has a bus stop outside so once on site we will not need to use the car.

Sunshine Meadows:
I have been feeling rough and still mostly burnt out when it comes to online forums although you may have noticed some of us are making use of the 3am Board and I am thankful it is there.

It  is good to have a thread like this though.

:heart: :f_rose: :coffee:

lankou:

--- Quote from: Sunshine Meadows on 16 Mar 2022 01:23PM ---I have been feeling rough and still mostly burnt out when it comes to online forums although you may have noticed some of us are making use of the 3am Board and I am thankful it is there.

It  is good to have a thread like this though.

:heart: :f_rose: :coffee:

--- End quote ---

At 3am I am fast asleep in bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version