Author Topic: ESA = IB ?  (Read 8029 times)

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
Re: ESA = IB ?
« Reply #30 on: 31 Aug 2014 11:28AM »
Congrats on the new job.  I hope it all goes well for you  >cheerup<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: 02 Sep 2014 12:45PM »
Sasha,

That is great news  >star<

One thing worth mentioning but it may be too late is that people in the Support Group are allowed to do permitted work indefinitely so it would be worth keeping up the ESA claim for a few months at least if you can.

I myself am affected by the way I would need to be sure I could keep my National Insurance contribution up before I took a new job. I might not manage the job and I need to be able to return to contributions based ESA Support Group  because my partner works and I would not getting any income based ESA

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: 02 Sep 2014 03:49PM »
Great news Sasha, well done!

SashaQ

• Access All Areas
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #33 on: 11 Sep 2014 12:09AM »
Thanks everyone   >biggrin<

They didn't tell me about permitted work when I cancelled my claim, but I did receive backpay for the time I was in the assessment phase with no income because the document I sent wasn't good enough then, but it was good enough after I had been assigned to the Support Group!  Not bad overall   >thumbsup<

The new job is hard work but it will get better as I learn more  >zzz<

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: 11 Sep 2014 10:35AM »
Usually permitted work must be for 16 hours per week or less, so if your job is full-time or even half of full-time hours it wouldn't apply unless it was "supported permitted work". 

Glad you feel the job will become easier, I hope it also has a bit of interest.  >rose<