Author Topic: Vaccine roll out and getting real  (Read 973 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Vaccine roll out and getting real
« Reply #15 on: 08 Feb 2021 09:31PM »
Returning to the subject of vaccines, I am getting fed up with the various 'refuseniks' who don't have a valid medical reason to say no to being immunised, especially those employed in care homes.  I know the Government can't make it compulsory, that's not how the UK works and all that, but why should these people think they can continue to put vulnerable people at risk?  They should be re-deployed wherever they can do least damage should they become infected with Covid-19....

JLR2

« Reply #16 on: 09 Feb 2021 08:33PM »
"They should be re-deployed wherever they can do least damage ..."

They should be suspended, permanently.  Nah skip that idea instead they should be told to leave their place of employment and enlist in the Universal Credit world of life as that will be the only world they will inhabit till they accept vaccination. Certainly they should never be forced to vaccinate, och naw, rather give them a choice having a job or being vaccine free. Vaccine free, I should add, comes with the freedom to live as they please in compulsory quarantine.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: 10 Feb 2021 12:16AM »
I agree with patient choice wrt to vaccines but am okay with restrictions being placed on people choosing not to have them. And one being that it's okay for care home managers to stipulate that staff must be vaccinated, it's much needed potentially life saving protection for the vulnerable residents in their care so if the staff refuse the vaccine, as is their right then they have to leave their job in residential care.

JLR2

« Reply #18 on: 10 Feb 2021 09:26AM »
Err, how about those refusing vaccination against Covid19 are denied access to NHS services and told they must, if needing health care find a private sector provider of such services to provide it?

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: 10 Feb 2021 10:05AM »
I think that's going a bit far, otherwise we could say the same thing thing about people who smoke or eat too much,  play sports, drive a car and have an accident etc. Where does it end?

I agree with Fiz. I think her proposal is much more workable and after all, we live in a country were we we have freedom of choice. Thankfully.

JLR2

« Reply #20 on: 10 Feb 2021 10:43AM »
To some extent I could see an argument for smokers being compelled to seek private health providers for anything relating to their (mine included) smoking but so far as the others you mentioned DD their way of life don't have the deadly impact on thousands of people through the spread of viruses such as Covid19.

Strontium Green

• Administrator
  • Diamond member
« Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2021 09:23PM »
Moved from the UK site

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2021 05:42PM »

Some people have genuine fear/terror of the vaccine heightened by the false news circulating, people with mental health difficulties are particularly vulnerable to this fear. It could b detrimental to their mental health to be forced to have the vaccine. It definitely shouldn't be compulsory. It's looking like we're likely to need a few vaccines, as new vaccines are created to cover variants then we'll be having new ones as boosters ongoing for the foreseeable I think.

As for health related issues, addiction and obesity are difficult for people to tackle. People already are punished for smoking with lung and oesophageal cancer, cerebrovascular disease and COPD, I think that is punishment enough personally.