Forum > Health and Disability

Iron infusion

<< < (3/3)

Fiz:
Oh gosh that's such poor treatment! Mind, I watched many Endoscopys and vowed I'd never have one done unless under general anaesthetic! But I know that the IV diazepam dissociates you so you don't remember it but still, it put me off. Sorry the infusion hasn't made you feel any better. Do you have B12 injections too?

Sunny Clouds:
When I read what you write, DD, I find myself thinking how it's a classic example of one of those things that annoys me most - when our welfare state, in any aspect, fails to look after people as best it can, with the double-whammy that they suffer and longer term it costs more to help them.

I don't know how people cope with severe bowel problems.  And by severe, I don't mean on some textbook scale, I mean severe in the sense of causing significant distress.  Big hugs.

:f_hug:

(Hopefully my socially-distanced hug will be gentle enough not to upset your innards.)

ditchdwellers:
You're so right Fiz, it's the worst treatment I've ever had under the NHS. I've been very fortunate with every single one of my other consultants and I've never really had anything to complain about, apart from a few minor crumbles. But this has been a hellish experience. I just want to know what's going on, which I don't think is too much to ask!

I haven't had B12 injections and have had my levels checked to rule out pernicious anaemia. That was a while ago though, so it might be worth checking again. Good call. I'll speak to my GP! 

All hugs gratefully received Sunny. Thank you  :f_smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version