Author Topic: Blue Badge renewal  (Read 2406 times)

gemini20

• Gold Member
Blue Badge renewal
« on: 03 Aug 2013 04:52PM »
Just had my form from the local council to renew my blue badge,and it will cost £10.00.Bit of a surprise as my council has not charged before.But having seen some topics on here I probably should be grateful that this hasnt happened before as some councils have been charging for a few years. But £10.00 seems an amount that will cost more in handling than they will gain.

Yvette

Re: Blue Badge renewal
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2013 05:05PM »
My council charges too.

ut I don't mind as I save a huge amount of money in free parking and also the convenience of parking near to stores (if I can find a BB bay).  Plus parking on double yellows where there is no restriction.

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2013 06:32PM »
In my council its £20 & has been for about 18 months, you also now can't just turn up & get it renewed, you need to apply 3 weeks before your badge runs out as it takes roughly 3 weeks to process >crying< >crying<

monic

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2013 07:57PM »
Mine too, but it has always cost me £10. It will probably go up now as councils are counting every penny as we all are.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2013 11:23AM »
I dont mind paying the charge either and it makes a real difference to me and I assume other people when the renewal application is sent out by the council before the current badge expires.

My council now does that but back in 2009 they either did not or the application was lost in the post, either way I had not noticed the three years were up and ended up getting a parking ticket for parking in the disabled bay outside our house  >blush< >crying<

TemporallyLoopy

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2013 12:39PM »
Just applied for my renewal and it is £10.00 as well.

T.Loopy
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

(Betty Talmadge, b. 1924)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2022 09:30AM »
I've received an email reminding me that my current blue badge expires in 8 weeks and telling me to reapply. My house is not yet sorted and I can't get my hands on any evidence but clearly the conditions that I evidenced 3 years ago won't have gone anywhere. Indeed I have since been diagnosed with scoliosis and have had a meningeoma tumour removal via lamenectomy so would have more evidence somewhere or other. If I can find my PIP award letter which is more likely, is getting higher rate mobility enough evidence? I'm not feeling emotionally very able to cope with things right now so this isn't great timing but as the powerchair is not working currently, the blue badge is essential.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2022 09:37AM »
Oh dear I have managed to find the answer to my question which is not what I wanted to read. If you're relying on enhanced PIP mobility the blue badge will expire the date of the award end and my PIP was extended due to Covid without assessment to January 2023 so I need to be providing further evidence to get a blue badge that lasts 3 years. *Sigh*. I'm not sure that I have the wherewithal currently, it's not as if I leave the house often.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2022 10:55AM »
It's a long shot, but would your GP, like mine, do a print-out on headed paper of the summary page of your notes?  Mine's got a field-merge thingy that makes it look like a fancy certificate, but even if it was just a copy of the relevant page, it might be worth getting.  But I do know that GPs vary massively with this sort of thing.

I hope it can be sorted one way or another.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2022 04:16PM »
The Council website says they don't accept GP letters as it doesn't tell them what they need to know. I'm unsure whether a summary of conditions is available, it's not visible on patient access. I need to get myself in gear really and find the evidence and be more organised especially as I am due a PIP assessment this year at some point. The joys.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2022 12:01AM »
Don't accept GP letters?  Total, utter madness.  I bet that means they get oodles of random stuff sent to them by desperate applicants.

:f_hug:
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

ally

• Access All Areas
« Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2022 11:41AM »
Find copies of whatever you sent the DWP for your pip claim.  Send evidence, such as hospital letters, social service letters etc.   my friend was asked to walk around a car park while someone assessed how she walked, how long,discomfort etc.   she got her blue badge. 

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
« Reply #12 on: 21 Mar 2022 06:20PM »
Fiz
Your PIP award showing enhanced mobility is enough but it needs to be dated in the last 3 months, I know you said your claim ends soon but that’s the easiest way to get the renewal

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2022 10:14PM »
I'm in the  same situation as you Fiz where my PIP reassessment was put back due to the pandemic, and my Blue Badge renewal came up. They would only give me a Blue Badge for the length of my award and they were very apologetic for not being able to do more.
So I went along with that as I really need it, just as you do. I know it's a nuisance to have to go through it again in such a short time when your PIP is renewed but I couldn't face jumping through all those hoops once for the Blue Badge and again for the PIP.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: 24 Mar 2022 07:10AM »
 :f_hug:
[size=78%]I'm glad you got yours done. I wish I had someone to organise me [/size] :f_doh: