Author Topic: Slogans/mottos to help  (Read 286 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Slogans/mottos to help
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jan 2023 02:06PM »
Aargh, I've now gone rampant round ebay looking for products with that slogan.  Do I buy a T-shirt, a bag, a plaque?  I think it's going to be a plaque.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jan 2023 09:00PM »
A very left-field one, my autistic granddaughter asked for a tee-shirt when we were in Spain several years ago. the wording and the positioning were hers:

On the Front:     On the Back:

I´m               ...what´s           
Autistic ...               your
                         superpower?
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jan 2023 09:51PM »
Brilliant!

And very timely, because just before clicking on this thread, I was cheering myself up by watching & listening to the Youtube video of the 2012 paralympics opening ceremony with with the athletes dancing round to Spasticus Autisticus.

I wish our society celebrated 'superpowers' more.  These days, I often feel rejected and inadequate, yet I'm remembering how the army of my generation valued what others didn't.

E.g. eyes naturally point in different directions (inherited septo-optic dysplasia). Army response?   Oh good, you don't need a stereoscope to see 3D images from pairs of aerial photos.

E.g. poor thyroid function so rather cold (also from the inherited SOD).  Army response?  Oh good, you're just what's needed in hot climates where your fellow soldiers are melting in the heat and you're in your element.

E.g. slow runner.  Army response?  Good, we'll use you to pace the men because you don't dash off fast and crash, you keep plodding for miles and miles and miles.

E.g. manic depressive.  Army response? Gosh, it's great the way you see a problem and work all out to fix it and we're fine if you then crash out.  Mood low now?  No problem, we'll do something to reward you for your hard work and cheer you up.  Would you like a ride in the cockpit of that hercules aircraft?

So three cheers to your autistic granddaughter! 

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)