Author Topic: Just daft, I think....  (Read 1626 times)

JLR2

Just daft, I think....
« on: 22 Apr 2014 12:01AM »
I don't know if anyone else thinks in the way I do about life, I'm scared to relax. Things like driving about the place, say from where I live to a hospital appointment in Inverness or just shopping in a nearby village/town's Lidl/Tesco. I find I'm asking myself  I really need to make these trips.

For some reason in the back of my mind I just feel I'm too happy and something is going to wreck everything. The fact that the main road I use regularly (as there is only one main road here) and that is the A9 which has one of the worst reputations in Scotland. Daft maybe but I can't help the feeling that I am going to experience again a car crash as serious as the one back in '89 that left me in the state I'm in now.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2014 07:02PM by SunshineMeadows »

devine63

Re: Just daft, I think....
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2014 02:11AM »
Hi JLR2

this kind of generalised anxiety could actually be a symptom ...    you might want to give some thought to when it started?  Was there an event beforehand which might have triggered it?  Your GP could refer you for some CBT which might be helpful in getting it sorted out before it gets worse and you start avoiding going out altogether.
regards, Deb

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2014 07:33AM »
Not daft but Traumatized counseling may help such an incident has lasting effects my lad who was run over by a drunk driver has had to seek help because of anxiety problems since the incident also if he hears cars approaching from behind him at speed he experiences flashbacks and real  fear.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2014 01:14PM »
Definitely not daft, JLR >hugs<

I would agree with the advice given in the two posts above.

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2014 02:52PM »
Id agree with others comments from what you say here and fron posts ive seen of yours id guess you do have a trauma related condition an as others have id ask your GP to refer you for some side of therapy cos conditions like this often respond well to treament..  I know its hard to live with constant anxiety its not good . Tc and have a think about it
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2014 07:01PM »
Your not being daft  >bighugs<

I always find the move from winter to spring and summer because in winter it is okay to stay at home, hibernate with computer, books and tv, but once the sun is out the pressure is on to do more.

As my Mum used to say ' It is Sunny outside '.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2014 08:09PM »
Yes, you are daft, thank goodness.  What hope is there for the human race if one cannot be a bit daft every now and then.

But as for the anxiety - hmm no wonder you are worried that something awful is going to happen again.  You have been through a lot and it is only human nature to look a bit on the bleak side.  I think everyone is right, tell your GP before this thing grows bigger and gets out of hand.

JLR2

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2014 10:57PM »
Thanks folks, I will make an appointment to see my doc, Sunshine your, ''once the sun is out the pressure is on to do more'' had a wee smile dash across ma coupon, once the sun is oot I do, do more I use more sunscreen, I put on thicker materiel shirts and close my blinds tight, darn that discoid lupus >crying< :-)