Author Topic: Disabled and elderly see key services and day centres disappear  (Read 933 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I kind of had a weekend away so have some catching up to do - including this thread.
I'll be back ... tomorrow
:-)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Two thirds of workers reported substantially increased charges for attendance, meals and transport, with some centres stopping meals entirely.

I wonder what is going to happen to all the people who are going to be stuck at home all day. It is not like we live in the 1950s when women whether it be grandmothers, mothers or daughters would take on the role as carer for s sick or disabled family member. Nowadays women have to bring in an income in order to pay the mortagage/ rent and other household bills.

Prabhakari

This process began two years ago in my area. I know someone who told me about all the day clubs and day centres being closed as their funds were cut off.
Probably just a co-incidence that it began when the Conservatives took power.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

Pentesalie

• Charter Member
Same here. To go to the same day centre now would cost 70 quid a day, including travel. Very few have that sort of money, so the centre has effectively become council offices