Author Topic: How is everyone getting on this week? Any plans?  (Read 1718 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: How is everyone getting on this week? Any plans?
« Reply #45 on: 10 May 2022 03:05PM »
I love the idea of your disabled scarecrow.  Much better than standard disability images, and I bet it would work far better with children to change their mental images of disabled people than pictures of 'brave' humans 'triumphing' over their disabilty.

I know it's not the same as your scarecrow, but you know how my mind makes connections.  Why aren't children's dolls and other toys disabled in a range of ways without it being a big thing?

Or now I think of it, things for adults like models in shops.  Why's it somehow a big thing if a shop dummy has an imitation prosthetic leg?

So at least having something like a disabled scarecrow gets a message across without people getting wound up about it.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2022 03:00PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #46 on: 11 May 2022 10:11AM »
Good Morning Sunny Clouds

I've just read your reply to my idea put a disabled scarecrow in a wheelchair + your idea about a disabled doll + I thought about an ACTION MAN/G I JOE as war leave's million's of disabled personal both male/female so from a commercial point of view it could be a money spinner. If Sun Shine Meadow's I would Email the manafacter pointing out they could make a fortune

oldtone27

• Access All Areas
« Reply #47 on: 13 May 2022 02:13PM »

Sorry for slow reply but am home and had a bit of sorting out  do to get everything easily accessible. My neighbour has been exceptionably helpful. Started with a morning and evening care package which worked well and have now mutually reduced that to evenings only for now.

Also had morning and evening district nurse giving heparin jabs. That has ended now.

Otherwise I am getting increasingly mobile. Saw surgeon Wednesday and all looks good so has given me regime of gradual increasing weight bearing. Thankfully no pain so far except hip is aching a little due to unaccustomed weight transfer. At least that is my diagnosis.

Now planning to catch up on weeks of TV mostly old stuff I was watching before my accident.

Hugs to everyone

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #48 on: 13 May 2022 02:33PM »
That sounds very promising.  I hope you find TV to watch that will act as sufficient reward for your hard work in rehabilitating yourself.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #49 on: 14 May 2022 09:39AM »
Wishing you an 'uneventful recovery' now, OldTone  :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention something I planned for last week and enjoyed greatly - a belated birthday meal with Dad at a Chinese eat-all-you-can buffet restaurant.  Oh, the joy of refilling a plate with whatever one fancied, plus an amazing selection of puds including a chocolate fountain with marshmallows on sticks to cover with the delicious dark stuff.  Not for those with small appetites... Anyone else ever been to one of these type of places?

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #50 on: 14 May 2022 12:56PM »
I've never been to one, but mentally I'm mapping it onto the sort of party where they've got tables full of food and you help yourself.  I've been to those at places where I only knew a few people, so maybe that would feel like being with those few people in an eat all you can restaurant.  Forgotten pleasures.

I've been feeling very low but finding sillinesses to get me through, and there have been kindnesses from people as well.

Tony_Demoncy

• Gold Member
  • Wait - what?!
« Reply #51 on: 17 May 2022 11:33PM »
Hi All  :big_hugs: Hugs all round. OldTone, I am sorry to hear about your ankle but glad that it is healing.Sunny Clouds, Bloody bastard dangerous driver. And that thieving scumbag in the shops and the bloody useless police! Grrrrrr :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
Sending hugs and best wishes and spoons.  :big_hugs:
I Came I Saw I Fell Over (Tony)

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #52 on: 18 May 2022 11:51PM »
I hope you're also doing ok, Tony.  I'm guessing writing the poetry helps you as well as helping others here?

More hugs for you and the other Ouchers. 

:big_hugs:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #53 on: 19 May 2022 04:30AM »
Half past four in the morning.  Can't sleep.  My fault - bought a puzzle book and raced through it.  I've been cutting back on puzzle books and thought I'd got it down to ones I don't race through.  That one won't be bought again in a hurry.  In practical terms, I'm down to simple sudoku and arrowwords now.

Meanwhile, I'm still horribly depressed.  I had food for thought recently, though.  I phoned the Samaritans and after a few minutes, the Sam asked "What do you expect us to do about it?"

I felt frustrated, but thought after "What do I expect to get out of talking to the Sams?"  Sometimes it helps me to get my thoughts in order, but often not.  Ok, different approach.

Meanwhile I want to rearrange my house a bit.  If I'm not doing paperwork, I need a new 'office space' or 'work space'.  This desk and computer have become 'leisure space'.  Rearranging my space can often help me to get things done.

Meanwhile, I need professional help and there has to be a way to find it.  I'd given up but now I'm going to try again.

And tonight?  I'm going to stay up the rest of tonight to try to reset my internal clock.  I haven't done it this way for a while, but sometimes it works.