Author Topic: Yup I've sent another email  (Read 2924 times)

JLR2

Yup I've sent another email
« on: 16 Apr 2015 07:58AM »
My BBC Radio Scotland email this morning,

''Good morning,

I would like to ask why it appears to be the case that Iain Duncan Smith is being kept out of sight and sound of the voters across the UK?  Certainly he may be seen and heard in his constituency but for the man responsible for one of the previous government’s ‘flagship’ policies to now be virtually invisible seems odd even deeply suspicious to me. How many times have we witnessed Conservative candidates, including senior MPs in the last government, avoid/refusing to answer the questions being asked in relation to the further £10 billion of cuts to the Welfare budget?

For would be voters to be told they shall have to wait until a spending review to be carried out by the next government, after they have already caste their vote, is not dissimilar to telling a jury in a murder trial they have to decide the innocence or guilt of the accused before they have heard the evidence.

If the would be 2015-2020 Conservative government can tell the voters there will be 12 billion in cuts to Welfare then unless they have plucked the figure out of the air they should be honest and explain exactly where these 12 billion pounds of cuts will cut and who will be directly affected by them. Why is the figure 12 billion, why not 10 or 14 billion?  Just how did they arrive at such a figure ‘without first having a spending review’ if that is what they say they need to have before they spell out exactly where these cuts will fall?''

lankou

• Access All Areas
Re: Yup I've sent another email
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2015 09:05AM »
He has been kept out of the Tory team as well by the look of it.

JLR2

« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2015 09:17AM »
I have the feeling Labour know many of these 12 billion in cuts the Tory's are intending and are not raising the issue as they, Labour, agree with these intended cuts. Were that not the case Labour would make more of this refusal to detail the cuts. Let's suppose Labour were to disagree with the cuts, then they would face being quizzed on their intentions regarding where they will cut welfare and it is this Labour do not want to make public before the votes have been caste.

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2015 02:27PM »
Interesting how Labour have not been strongly challenging the Tories to come clean on the matter of (most) Carers probably going to be hammered and many done away with if the Tories are re-elected .... an attack on Carers which would certainly be unpopular with the public, as Labour's spin-doctors must be well aware .... or is it just that Labour silently agree with Cameron and IDS?

JLR2

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2015 04:30PM »
Just wondering as it has crossed my mind, where is the Chair of the Works and Pensions committee Dame Anne Begg?  I would have thought she would have made something of a comment before now through her access to the regular media channels. The fact that she hasn't suggests there is more to this than is being let on.

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2015 04:31PM »
For me it's nothing new to be extremely angry at election-time, but the present farce has already generated an outstanding degree of cold, ongoing fury....
Three examples, disability-related matters aside, which epitomise aspects of why I detest the UK Political Establishment, its globalised masters and the utterly rotten system(s) they serve :
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/apr/16/world-bank-breaks-own-rules-indigenous-people-forced-off-land
http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/apr/16/lord-janner-will-not-be-charged-despite-evidence-of-child-abuse
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3041005/CHRISTOPHER-BOOKER-1-billion-lagoon-Britain-s-pottiest-green-scheme.html
They're all "in it together".   >angry<  With hell's bells on!
Ongoing demonisation and persecution of disabled, ill or just plain poor people is not a particularly surprising thing -- nor is the treachery and deceit of those who rule -- when considered within the context of an overall political/economic environment that's so inherently corrupt.

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2015 04:34PM »
Just wondering as it has crossed my mind, where is the Chair of the Works and Pensions committee Dame Anne Begg?  I would have thought she would have made something of a comment before now through her access to the regular media channels. The fact that she hasn't suggests there is more to this than is being let on.
She seems honest and decent enough for one to wonder if behind the scenes there's been some coercive silencing.

JLR2

« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2015 04:46PM »
When speaking with the BBC's Radio Scotland this morning I did put it to them that they have been gagged from mentioning Iain Duncan Smith, result?  no call back from the channel. I have also raised the disappearance of IDS with Scotland's 'The National' newspaper and hope I can take the woman with whom I spoke word that she will look into this absence from national scrutiny by IDS.

I do honestly believe IDS has been ordered by Tory central office to keep out of the media, at the very least till the postal ballot papers have been returned in sufficient numbers.  Any other time outside a general election we could expect to see IDS on our screens and given the status given to 'Welfare reforms' since the 2010 election for his to be not so much the ''Quiet man'' but the 'Invisible man' just smacks of deceit by those asking the country to trust them.