Author Topic: young woman found dead - who is missing her from where?  (Read 2425 times)

seegee

• Super Hero Member

Though this is labelled as Edinburgh news, she was found in Bolton, Lancs. with no ID, could be from anywhere - if anybody recognises the possessions or the description, Greater Manchester police would like to know who she might be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24553954

starsmurf

Re: young woman found dead - who is missing her from where?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2013 07:21PM »
It is labeled as Edinburgh news because she had a return train ticket from Edinburgh.  That could mean she started her journey from anywhere in Scotland.

She could also have been a student, as Edinburgh has several universities and colleges.
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2013 07:59PM »
Yes, it's also possible she'd been to Edinburgh to see some of the festival, to visit a friend, for a job interview... 

She really could be from nearly anywhere, may be a student or recent student in Manchester, Bolton, Salford, Edinburgh - though if she's meant to be attending any college or University now I'd have expected her to be reported missing to police already as the Unis have been in session for about a month.  As students often attend Unis a long way from where their parents live, that wouldn't give a clue where she's from. 

If she wasn't a student it's more likely she is either local to where she was found or is from Scotland.

The police seem to have no idea who she might be unless they are withholding some information for now.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2013 08:01PM by seegee »

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2013 08:25PM »
How terribly sad  >dove<

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2013 08:48PM »
I sent it to a Goth I know who lives near Bolton (as the possessions & description seem to point to someone who might be a Goth), she said it's been posted on Facebook & none of the local Goths have a clue (unless they are offline & haven't seen it yet). 

Sent it to a few other people in case they know of any missing young women, then posted it here as Ouchers are scattered around (mostly) the UK... hoping that if enough people continue to pass it on, someone will know who she is.  Surely somebody somewhere knows or is missing her?  :-(

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2013 08:47PM »
How terribly sad - firstly that she has died and also that no-one seems to have missed her yet  :-(

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2013 09:39PM »
How terribly sad - firstly that she has died and also that no-one seems to have missed her yet  :-(
Yes, she's been missing for some time too - not just a week or two.  :-(

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2013 09:36AM »
there are lots of people who wouldnt be missed if the disapeared/died...i suspect when my parents are dead i could be one of those ..lotsof people dont have close friends/ neighbours whod notice/ family etc.. it5s scary and sad
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

oldtone27

• Access All Areas
« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2013 10:49AM »
As myrtle said, but I suspect there is an even greater number of people who might be missed if they disappeared only not by anybody close enough to think of reporting it.

I live alone and have a few relatives and friends but not many that visit regularly. If they lost contact with me they would wonder why but I reckon it would be some time before one of them actually attempted to investigate, if at all.

If I vanished or died unexpectedly an accumulation of milk bottles or newspapers would probably be the first alert. If I deliberately vanished then with those deliveries and other regular commitments stopped I'm not sure who would spot something amiss first.