Author Topic: Hot Weather  (Read 1708 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hot Weather
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2022 04:18PM »
My teeth hurting or to be more precise it feels like my teeth are hurting a lot and it is Trigeminal Neuralgia being trigger by cold drinks  :f_bleep: :f_bleep: :f_bleep:

It took me two days to work that out and nowI cant decide which is more important hydration or reduced pain hmffff  :73_73:

ally

• Access All Areas
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2022 05:14PM »
Sunshine, hope your teeth are feeling better now.  I’ve been wandering around most of the night.  It was 34 degrees inside our house last night.  I went to bed, but, was stewing.  Came downstairs, and, tried to sleep on the lie back settee as it was cooler.  I couldn’t sleep on there.  Went back upstairs, and, repeat.  I’m shattered today.  It’s cooler, with a nice breeze blowing at the moment.   I hope everyone is cooler today.  :big_hugs:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2022 12:14PM »
I'd never been aware of what triggers trigeminal neuralgia.  The thought that things like cold drinks could trigger it makes me doubly glad I don't have it.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jul 2022 09:12PM »
Something I often ask myself - why the mouth (and teeth) so bloody sensitive.  I mean, what is the point???  (my main two front teeth hurt when I have cold drinks, too.  I hate teeth sometimes).

On a brighter note, the cooler weather - it's dropped to 24.5C in my home today! - is giving me my life back.  I dunno about the rest of you, but I needed some recovery time after that sodding heatwave  :f_erm:    One good thing if we get another in August:  the nights will be darker by then so the sun won't be blazing for so long in the evenings.  I think perhaps as bad as the excessive heat itself was having to keep the curtains drawn so late - how I detested the gloom!

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jul 2022 02:00AM »
I wonder whether teeth are as sensitive to cold if someone lives in a cold climate.  I'm lucky not to have sensitive teeth. 

I shouldn't be awake.  I'd been doing better at getting to sleep, but kicking by bedtime puzzle habit has been a big thing.  Oddly, though, even though my bedroom's not very hot, just about 23 degrees, I feel warm.

I think my new system of taking my thyroxine when I get up in the night, 2-3 hours before I get up, is making me warmer, but it's hard to tell. This heatwave got in the middle of my experiment.

Oh well, I'd better go back and engage in some more scientific analysis of how warm I am in bed.  I hope I can rapidly progress to testing my warmth when asleep.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jul 2022 02:07PM »
The weather here broke yesterday and we got some much needed rain

My teeth have been better then suddenly worse. Cold drinks was a new one for me because the most common trigger for me is sinusitis. Since we last spoke I did have a bad night of pain and being so tired I could not organise myself enough to move to get painkillers. TN is not  life threatening as long as the person with it can manage the pain so the better I make my life the better life is worth being here for. I should start another thread but going to leave that here anyway.

I also find having the curtains closed all day difficult it is like the summer is passing me by.

I hope you are each getting enough sleep and you spirits are in better shape  :f_peacedove: :f_peacedove: :f_peacedove: :big_hugs:

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jul 2022 05:06PM »
Definitely feeling the benefits of the cooler weather.

We even had enough rain to get a small amount of water in the water butts!

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jul 2022 11:06PM »
The thermometer on the wall a bit above my desk shows 23 degrees.  It's possibly a degree or so lower at upper body height.

I'm wearing jogging bottoms, long-sleeved T-shirt and woolly pullover.  I'm shivering.

I'm amazed I've never gone online to buy thyroxine.  I suppose the reality is that it's not that it would put me above the levels my GP deems appropriate that stops me, it's that you never know what you're buying if you buy prescription only medication online.

But there is something very wrong in the way hypothyroidism is measured.  It shouldn't be just blood tests.  It should literally be sit you in a room and measure your temperature a couple of times at different times of day.