Author Topic: D.W.P Housing Benefit direct Oct newsletter  (Read 1277 times)

AccessOfficer

D.W.P Housing Benefit direct Oct newsletter
« on: 09 Oct 2012 12:42PM »
"We’re now less that six months away from the start of the April 2013 reforms and there’s a lot of work under way to help prepare customers for the changes. Potential Benefit Cap customers will be receiving their third letter shortly and you are also preparing social sector tenants for the introduction of the size criteria rules."

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/issue-130-oct-2012.pdf

Best wishes
AO

Jazz

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
Re: D.W.P Housing Benefit direct Oct newsletter
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2012 06:13AM »
Got a letter on monday from our Council saying that they are having a Consultation on how to spead the Council T ax Benefit amongst everyone who quailifies for it cos of the cuts and the way it is going to be administered as from April. It said it would take place from August til 18th October but only knew about it when letter came on monday 8th and dated last week, how were we supposed to have our say at short notice did they do this on purpose so no one got a say???

Anyway they say they will be protecting the Pensioners and Vurnerable--who are they then is it people like me on Income Support and DLA with severe mental health and a physical disabliity or who?????

They say most working age people will have to pay towards their CT, I am working age although I cannot actually work because of my health so will I be ok?????

Jazz

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2012 08:29AM »
The vulnerable usually means MRC or HRC of DLA or being registered disabled

JLRRAC

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2012 02:03PM »
"registered disabled" ?

Where and how do folk register as disabled?

Pentesalie

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2012 04:04PM »
My tory council only said they were 'protecting pensioners' in their blurb on the subject, everyone else is expected to pay something.

devine63

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2012 12:09AM »
There has not been any national scheme for "registered disabled" since the Disability Discrimination ACt in 1995 however some local councils operate a local scheme for registering if you want to.

If you want to know who they intend to define as vulnerable, write and ask them for their criteria for defining it

regards, Deb

Jazz

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2012 01:24AM »
Hi

Thanks for reply, will ring and ask what they class as vunerable. Seems like they are trying to help a bit more by saying they will be protecting them as well as Pensioners.