Author Topic: So now it's Javid's turn to fake Covid19 infection  (Read 838 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: So now it's Javid's turn to fake Covid19 infection
« Reply #45 on: 25 Jul 2021 01:45PM »
As I suspected he's saying he's fully recovered a week after his positive test and it was very mild and people should no longer "cower" due to Covid. We'll never know how rough he felt with Covid because it was a given that he'd say it was mild. I'm part of an adrenal insufficiency community many of which have multiple immunodeficiency disorders and there is a real fear in there due to current numbers and lack of restrictions protecting them. Many are not leaving their homes. And yet Javid says not to cower!

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #46 on: 25 Jul 2021 04:38PM »
Sorry, you've completely misunderstood the position.  You're disabled and therefore disposable.  So you mustn't cower, because that would reduce the likelihood of your getting covid-19, and it's important that lots of disabled people drop dead so that the social security budget can be reduced, and so that the NHS can be blamed as inadequate and rescued by being privatised. 

And if you obey Javid's urgings not to cower but you fail to drop dead, then take care not to get long covid, because it won't take the government - and those they are so thoughtfully appointing to make important healthcare decisions at the highest level - long to realise that it's just some sort of benny-scrounging hypochondria, as, of course, we all know that ME/CFS and postviral fatigue (e.g. after glandular fever) are.  Although, of course, they might be real if they were cheap and easy to fix or if some wonderful drug company came up with a magic cure that didn't bankrupt more than 90% of those that use it in countries where they don't have an NHS.  So it will be fine if you get long covid so long as the mistress or chum of a cabinet minister can make money from it.

So don't cower, you can save the treasury money that it will then be able to reallocate to people who need it more because they only have a few tens of millions, or you can provide a regular income for shareholders and investors in wonderful international corporations.

(Caution - I have previously been diagnosed with a condition that supposedly causes delusions, particularly in the form of disagreeing with mental health personnel about stereotyping patients.)
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2021 07:18PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #47 on: 25 Jul 2021 07:20PM »
PS, on a less politically acerbic note, please stay safe, lovely Fiz.  Stuff Javid and his "My covid was mild, so don't cower."  He may not consider that people like you matter, but we do.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #48 on: 26 Jul 2021 09:34AM »
He's such a twit. I can't believe he said that when people are still dying and the shielders while no longer officially shielding are still vulnerable. 40% of Covid admissions to hospital are double vaccinated people! 

He's been added to my government twit list. It's getting longer.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #49 on: 26 Jul 2021 11:18AM »
I went to visit friends yesterday and one half of the couple had picked up Covid last month, despite working from home, rarely going out, and being double jabbed! 

Needless to say, we sat at their large circular kitchen table, with the patio doors open even though it was raining, and they washed their hands before making a pot of tea and we all served ourselves! 

So yes, Javid is definitely a twit. I would say something stronger but we're in polite company  :f_laugh:

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #50 on: 26 Jul 2021 12:25PM »
I also like the idea of a government twit list, but I shall also use a stronger word for twit in my mind and offline.

In all seriousness, though, I've reached the point of believing that most of those in government and their friends have an attitude that if you can't make a profit from someone, or get their vote in constituencies where you need it, they're disposable.

I think of our current rulers thus...

Think of any classical Greek tragedy.

It's a three-part series in which the gods in heaven have a family row and decide to fight it out with a sort of game using humans and demigods as pawns.  They set the mortals against one another, doing nasty things, leading to horrible trauma and death, be it Oedipus who discovered he'd married his mum or Pentheus who's ripped apart by a mob of drunk women.  Then, having caused death, trauma and destruction, the gods make up for a while until the next time they fall out.

In other words, Greek tragedies are like WW1, where the interrelated royals of Europe had a family bust up and three first-cousins, King George, Kaiser Wilhelm and Tsar Nicholas got in a bit of a family row over who owned which land and played it out using mortals as their pawns.  They set the mortals against one another, doing nasty things, leading to horrible trauma and death.  Then, having caused death, trauma and destruction, the royals made up for a while until the next time they fell out.

Hmm.  Modern version?

An elite network of people with political and/or financial power fall out over which of them should get the most power?  Nope, won't work, they're working together, aren't they?  Still, the other bits work.  They set mortals against one another, doing nasty things, leading to horrible trauma and death.  Then, having caused death, trauma and destruction, the powerful people rub their hands and wonder how they're going to get more power.

There's no end to that.

Hmm, but then the classical Greek tragedies didn't end with just one play, and WW1 was just one of a series of wars before and after, including many we don't mention or don't call war. 

On the other hand, let's go back to basics.  We can spread a bit of unity instead of division.  Well, ok, don't expect me not to want to spread division between gods/royals/modern equivalents, but we mortals can try to find ways to fight back against being set against one another.  And no, I'm not as good as I wish I was at that.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2021 12:28PM by Sunny Clouds »