Author Topic: Care needs assessment  (Read 2739 times)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: Care needs assessment
« Reply #60 on: 11 Jul 2021 01:41PM »
Blimey Fiz, this just goes from bad to worse. It's a terrible way to treat people. 
I would say you are on solid grounds for contesting the bill, and with your MPs help, I hope you get the apology you so rightly deserve. 
The incompetence and sheer lack of compassion, support, and communication given by your Social Services has been astounding.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #61 on: 13 Jul 2021 12:31PM »
I just don't have the energy to put pen to paper currently and my MP doesn't do emails so I have emailed the manager at the council who dealt with the complaint triggered by the MP's letter. I'm just hoping that I have been billed by mistake and that I don't owe this money. I haven't been able to find anything out online.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #62 on: 13 Jul 2021 12:51PM »
:f_hug:  :f_hug:  :f_hug:

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #63 on: 30 Jul 2021 10:52AM »
The social prescriber at my GP surgery got on the case and my file from the reablement team was examined and no record of the RB4? form was found so on that basis they are waivering the fees due for the care. I assume the missing form would have told me that I was liable for an interim care costs at whatever rate they set, as if I would ever have accepted that had it been presented to me. So there ends my saga with adult services whom I hope that I never have to have contact with again.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #64 on: 30 Jul 2021 02:15PM »
Whew!

But what a horrible time you've had of it.  I know that typically social services departments are overstretched and underfunded, but that doesn't make it ok to put you through what you've been through.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)