Author Topic: Post office card account  (Read 642 times)

pjd

• Gold Member
Post office card account
« on: 07 Feb 2021 09:14PM »
Hi, I received a dwp letter last month saying the post office card account is closing and I have to move over to a bank account.  Does anyone know how long do they give you to do this as I want to open a new account with a branch nearer to me but it's been too difficult to sort out with all this covid going on and I've barely been able outside at all? Also I'm worried I will get into trouble with the dwp if I don't get it sorted asap.

Also do you know whats happening with ESA and DLA forms and assessments as I'm overdue now which is also a big source of anxiety.

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone and This whole virus and lockdown has sent my anxiety soaring.  I mean, what a mess it all is.  Anyway I hope everyone is coping as best they can.

Stay safe.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: Post office card account
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2021 01:21PM »
I had my post office card account closed down a couple of years ago and I just had to send them my new bank details. I think they gave me a date that the account was going to close, but I can't remember for sure.
Is it possible to open an account with your chosen bank online rather than having to go out in this weather? You should be able to specify which branch you want to use. I use online banking and I have found it very safe and easy to use. It has made my life so much easier. I also use the post office for some of my banking.

As for the benefits being overdue for reassessment is not surprising. I recently received a letter saying that my overdue PIP renewal was being extended for a period of two years. So you may well get a similar letter in the post. If you're at all worried could you call DWP or ask someone to call on your behalf? There won't be any repercussions from asking about the renewal dates. Many people are in this position at the moment.