Author Topic: For lovers of big stupid dogs.  (Read 393 times)

lankou

• Charter Member

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: For lovers of big stupid dogs.
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2021 12:01PM »
Love it! :biggrin:
That dog is huge. I would have to get an additional sofa just for the dog if I had one that size  :f_yikes:

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2021 12:08PM »
I'm not into big dogs, so why do I find that one endearing?

That being said, given that the description says he likes pork bones, I wondered what he was going to get up to next to that pig, but then humans eat pork but manage to leave pigs alone until they're ready to eat them, so why wouldn't a dog leave a pig alone?
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2021 12:11PM »
I'm not into big dogs, so why do I find that one endearing?

That being said, given that the description says he likes pork bones, I wondered what he was going to get up to next to that pig, but then humans eat pork but manage to leave pigs alone until they're ready to eat them, so why wouldn't a dog leave a pig alone?
Dawang does not leave pigs alone, he is somewhat of a hooligan, he chased the next villages cattle into the river.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2021 04:53PM »
Ah, but was he chasing as in predatory attacking behaviour or chasing as in what I think of as the dog version of tig, i.e. chasing as playing?

That being said, if he's chasing in a way that causes distress, he's lost my "Ah, isn't he lovely!" response to him.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2021 05:46PM »

That being said, if he's chasing in a way that causes distress, he's lost my "Ah, isn't he lovely!" response to him.
If he did his owner would be wearing his pelt as a fur coat.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2021 06:11PM »
Nah, not until she's got enough subscribers for her channel!

It must be a difficult balance having a lovely but mischievous dog that's that big.  At least if you have a small mischievous dog, you can pick it up.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2021 06:45PM »
Nah, not until she's got enough subscribers for her channel!
She has 7.6 million subscribers.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2021 06:53PM »
7.6 million!  I didn't notice that, my comment had just been a frivolous general one.

That's one very, very appealing dog, then.

But I'm afraid it hasn't tempted me to watch more dog videos...

...it's reminded me I love cat videos!  It's a while since I soothed myself watching a cat sitting on a Roomba or doing a range of things to ensure humans know their place.