Author Topic: Iain Duncan Smith attacked with traffic cone.  (Read 188 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Iain Duncan Smith attacked with traffic cone.
« on: 04 Oct 2021 07:24PM »
I shouldn't laugh, I really shouldn't:-

More at link:-

https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-party-conference-2021-five-arrests-following-alleged-assault-on-ex-tory-leader-sir-iain-duncan-smith-12426130

Breaking[size=48px !important]Conservative Party conference 2021: Five arrests following alleged assault 'with traffic cone' on ex-Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith[/size][size=22px !important]Sir Iain Duncan Smith, who appeared on a panel alongside Brexit minister Lord Frost, told a Conservative conference fringe event he was "assaulted by a bunch of protesters" on his journey there.[/size][/size][size=48px !important]
By Greg Heffer, political reporter, in Manchester

[/size]Monday 4 October 2021 18:58, UK[/color][/color]Five people have been arrested following an alleged assault - reportedly using a traffic cone - on former Conservative leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith at the Tory conference in Manchester.[/color]Greater Manchester Police said three men and two women were arrested after reports of an assault on Portland Street at around 4pm.[/color]Shortly after 4pm, Sir Iain attended a conference fringe event on Brexit at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel.[size=48px !important]

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Iain Duncan Smith attacked with traffic cone.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2021 03:45PM »

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Iain Duncan Smith attacked with traffic cone.
« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2021 05:06PM »
 :f_laugh:

I remember a few years back (not many) looking on a miltary chat forum (not a government one), where I think a lot of what I'll call current non-military politics stuff was censored, but where a post relating to IDS's military career wasn't.

Someone said that the reason he spent his military career in HQ/admin roles was that they put him there to keep him away from the troops.

But I don't think squaddies would have hit him with a traffic cone for the things he and his colleagues have done, for instance leaving people lacking basics.  They'd have stuck it up his, erm, rear echelon.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)