Author Topic: NHS clinic access  (Read 1261 times)

ally

• Access All Areas
Re: NHS clinic access
« Reply #45 on: 08 Dec 2021 05:58PM »
The pain clinic rang for my telephone consultation this afternoon.   It was the nurse I see every time I go there.  She was very apologetic from the onset.   Saying she had no control how the booking system book her appointments.  She was unsure before she rang if it would be ok.   She’s going to get me a f to f appointment.  One of the gps in our surgery has worn a plastic visor when she saw me  while ago.  However, every time we make an appointment we get a different GP.   It’s very frustrating.

As mentioned, I use a galaxy note mobile phone.  The pen attachment with the phone, means you can write down on the screen what you’re  saying, and, vice versa.  It’s very useful, and, it means you don’t need to lug a pen and paper around with you. Sunny I’m sorry you’ve missed an appointment  I don’t hear phones ring.  My phone vibrates and lights up when ringing, or, alerting me I have texts.  I ignore anyone ringing me, as I know it’ll be a scam, or whatever, as anyone who knows me wouldn’t ring, as they know I can’t answer.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #46 on: 08 Dec 2021 07:10PM »
I'm glad that nurse rang you, Ally.  I hope she can sort it out well for you.

I don't think I want a smartphone at the moment, but who knows how soon I might decide the benefits outweigh the costs, so information about things ike your galaxy note are well worth knowing.

It's suddenly occurring to me that maybe it's possible to turn the ringer off on my phone.

It bugs me, as someone who currently has a very good GP with colleagues and trainees who are almost always good, when I hear of others having problems.  To me, it's daft.  Surely the extra time taken by problems arising from miscommunication can be frustratingly wasteful for a doctor as well as their patient?

But then I've had problems with hospital doctors and looking back on it and thinking of one who was a total nana, he was incompetent in a variety of ways.  If management clamped down on poor communication issues, they'd also weed out other problems.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Access All Areas
« Reply #47 on: 09 Dec 2021 02:14PM »
Oh sunny  :f_hug:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #48 on: 09 Dec 2021 02:43PM »
Thanks, Fiz.

I tried to give feedback on the NHS Choices site today, but you have to give the date when you last attended the clinic.  Thus there is no way of giving feedback on not being able to access the clinic for whatever reason, whether that's physically or in terms of appointment communications.

I looked online, wondering if it would be worth going private, but this is a private clinic contracted to provide NHS services.  I just have an overwhelming, tear-inducing sense of yet another part of the world around me that falls into the category of "I can't trust them to do what they're supposed to do."

I desperately need help with a number of things, including some sorts of paperwork, but I've been ripped off by so many professionals, I struggle to pluck up courage to try to get that help any more.

And now I need to work out how to deal with my GP and his team over this clinic issue.  Will I now have been labelled 'non-attender causing problems for the referrer?  I bet I will.

Sorry to sound gloomy.  I'm really weepy about all this today.  I'm trying to get it together to go out to take my mind off things.  I know there's quite a bit of shopping that wants doing, but I can't even get my head round what.  Daft.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Access All Areas
« Reply #49 on: 09 Dec 2021 03:46PM »
Definitely not daft  :f_hug:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #50 on: 09 Dec 2021 07:05PM »
I remembered what the shopping was.  Not shopping - picking up prescription meds.  I requested them a week ago then forgot.

Lots of kindness whilst I was out and then Ouchers to come back to. 

I think I might write a letter to my GP, or maybe the registrar at his practice that made the clinic referral.