Author Topic: Disability on Strictly come Dancing and other reality shows  (Read 2688 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Disability on Strictly come Dancing and other reality shows
« Reply #60 on: 07 Dec 2021 11:57PM »
Yes I'm sure. Danny is favourite to win apparently. I agree that Mattie has done very little at all in there and definitely Kadeena deserved to stay in longer..

I'm a Simon fan I have to say though, he does make me laugh.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #61 on: 12 Dec 2021 02:20PM »
Suddenly wondered what Rose was up to as I don't watch Strictly and even wondered if this year's competition had ended. Just looked it up and Rose is through to the final next week. Well done Rose, flying the flag for disability.  :f_rose:

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #62 on: 16 Dec 2021 01:41PM »
Apparently Rose's appearance and success on Strictly has created a boom in people joining classes to learn BSL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59474819

I don't watch Strictly, however I viewed the clip of Rose dancing in the news report and Wow! Can that woman dance! She is so graceful and sensual, and it looks so exhausting. I've never been agile enough or graceful to be able to dance well. I was thrown out of ballet as a young child and admire anyone who is coordinated enough to be able to move like this.

Go Rose!

Is she now in the final?

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #63 on: 17 Dec 2021 06:12PM »
Yes she was one of three finalists tomorrow but one celebrity has a foot injury. I'm unsure if they'll add in whoever had been knocked out in fourth place so there's still three in the final or whether the final will now just be two couples. Rose is joint favourite to win but I am unsure if the other joint favourite is the I jured celebrity or the other one still in it. I shall keep an ear/eye out for the results though I am hoping my daughter and family will be here for 24 hours from tomorrow morning. So I will catch up with how she's done afterwards. When I used to watch the show after the Saturday live programme I would pop over to the digitalspy forum where there is a spoiler thread because the Sunday evening results show is actually filmed late Saturday night and almost always there was a spy in the audience who would leak the result onto digitalspy. So I would know a day early. Good fun!

She is an awesome dancer. I often wonder if the winning celebrities continue dancing. It would be a shame if they didn't because the winners are always awesome.

Fiz

• Charter Member

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #65 on: 18 Dec 2021 04:02PM »
Thank you for the link Fiz. An interesting read and to see how pleased some other deaf and hearing impaired dancers are with Rose's appearance on Strictly. I also liked finding out more about how important dancing is to people.
Although an uncoordinated and clumsy person, I used to love my Morris dancing bashes. It took us to some lovely festivals and we had such a laugh until it ended. I do miss it so much.
Dance can be such a joyous thing I hate to think of anyone being excluded. Now that I'm unable to do such things I enjoy music and watching other people dance instead!

I really think that I might be becoming a Strictly convert  :f_laugh: . What have you all done to me?  :biggrin:

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #66 on: 18 Dec 2021 09:44PM »
 :f_laugh:

I'm wishing Rose well, not being able to watch the BBC at all. I shall keep an eye out for the results.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #67 on: 18 Dec 2021 10:40PM »
Well done Rose  :thumbsup:  🎉🏆🍾

ally

• Access All Areas
« Reply #68 on: 19 Dec 2021 09:00AM »
I’m glad rose won.  She deserved it, as she’s a brilliant dancer.   She won for that reason alone, and, not because she’s deaf.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #69 on: 19 Dec 2021 05:58PM »
Cried my eyes out watching this. I'm so pleased for her https://youtu.be/i8ZkeY6TPB0

SashaQ

• Access All Areas
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #70 on: 15 Jan 2022 09:34PM »
Yes, the final was superb!   :f_rainbow: :f_loveblush: :f_magic_2: