Author Topic: Benefit situation (long sorry)  (Read 13566 times)

Richard_D

• Charter Member and Volunteer
Re: Benefit situation (long sorry)
« Reply #15 on: 06 Aug 2014 06:23PM »
Hope Becca is keeping well.  >hugs<
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

Becca7

« Reply #16 on: 19 Aug 2014 05:12PM »
Everything is somewhat falling apart at moment, but thankyou for good wishes. There isn't really anything anyone can do, and I'm running out of time here so apologies for rushed reply.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 19 Aug 2014 05:26PM »
When you do have some more time, what happened with the ESA50? (and hope things start to improve for you soon)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 19 Aug 2014 05:43PM »
Becca  >chocolate<  >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: 19 Aug 2014 08:18PM »
Becca  >bighugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: 19 Aug 2014 08:20PM »
Becca  >hugs<

Becca7

« Reply #21 on: 19 Aug 2014 11:49PM »
Managed to borrow money for 24 hours internet from neighbour as I realised my post probably wasn't enough information and I was worried about worrying people.

So, I never got a date to return the ESA50, I really really struggled to get it done at all (many reasons including illness), anyway I went to jobcentre who were helpful and rang ESA who said not to worry as form was a mistake and not to send it back as the code on the system meant it wasn't necessary - I went to job centre for help with form as suggested here after trying other avenues and they were better than last time.

Today I got a letter saying my ESA was stopped and to go to jobcentre. Jobcentre staff really upset me and I was removed by security. CAB rang ESA to be told I have a couple of weeks to get 'something' to them but the system is showing me as fit for work so I need sick notes and to apply for work (CAB the rang jobcentre to complaint who said I must go to jobseeker interview this Thursday, but need to be clean, have telephone and ready to work, which I am not :-( ) CAB can't do anything until end of September, and I'm having many many other problems too numerous to mention on public forum.

So form not done, after many many issues.
Told not to worry about it by ESA.
In my stupidity and frankly other more worrying difficulties (ill do a 3am post about that in case anyone wants to know) I believed them.
CAB are open again but only for two hours a week.
Now it's even more of a mess.

I've no idea what to do. CAB appointment is only twenty minutes to do form, they said all they will do is tick the boxes and post it but that's not much use to me, I need it done properly, but they can't do longer appointments than that and everyone must go for medical so more information is a waste of time  >erm< again will try and put more in 3am.

Forgive useless post above. Internet access extremely intermittent. Have 24 hours for now. Can't afford more than that.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2014 10:38AM »
 >bighugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: 20 Aug 2014 11:01AM »
So, I never got a date to return the ESA50, I really really struggled to get it done at all (many reasons including illness), anyway I went to jobcentre who were helpful and rang ESA who said not to worry as form was a mistake and not to send it back as the code on the system meant it wasn't necessary - I went to job centre for help with form as suggested here after trying other avenues and they were better than last time.

Today I got a letter saying my ESA was stopped and to go to jobcentre. Jobcentre staff really upset me and I was removed by security. CAB rang ESA to be told I have a couple of weeks to get 'something' to them but the system is showing me as fit for work so I need sick notes and to apply for work

Referring to the bits I've put in bold, this could be less of a disaster than you might think:  from my experience as a DWP benefit processor, it sounds like - yes, the ESA50 itself is not needed at the moment, but another sick note is.  When the current one expires, the claimant is automatically considered 'fit for work' until the next one is entered onto the system - the claim is only as good as the length of the medical certificate, 'them's the rules' for every single person on ESA, as was for IB. 

So, if my assumptions are correct (and I hope they are) you need to get to your GP post-haste for another sick note - and CAB can telephone the DWP to notify them that you are taking steps to obtain this and see where it goes from there. 

Becca7

« Reply #24 on: 20 Aug 2014 12:13PM »
Thanks Kizzy, I contacted GP, but I'm not able to see her until next week, I can't see anyone else for this as it isn't considered an emergency by surgery.

She said she will write a professional report and telephone them. She is very very :angry: about it. Especially as I was told yesterday to smarten myself up by jobcentre (have hygiene problems due to EDS etc), get email and telephone and attend interview tomorrow as she thinks it sounds like they have work lined up or are pushing me towards JSA.

CAB did phone ESA and were told they must have the ESA50 back and complete ASAP! CAB did explain having rung the jobcentre about being told not to return it but ESA denied all knowledge of the call saying I didn't need a form, done I do.

They mentioned that I'm already down as needing a medical but they must telephone me to arrange but I don't have a telephone, is this related to the woman in the jobcentre accusing me of fraud in April as I've not had a medical for ESA?

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: 20 Aug 2014 01:29PM »
At least your GP is firmly on side, and we seem to have a case of 'right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing' regarding the DWP  >doh< - but certainly I would very much doubt that a random member of local JC-plus staff could have anything to do with a face-to-face assessment (medical) being suggested.   As you've not actually had a medical yet, that in itself could be the reason!  Anyway, your doc getting tough with them should start to make a difference  >x-fingers<

Becca7

« Reply #26 on: 20 Aug 2014 02:33PM »
Thanks Kizzy.

The random at the jobcentre did phone ESA and said I could work and suspected fraud as I was able to hold a pen and could hold conversation normally and I was just a bit panicky. She was very very adamant I needed to be on JSA and a medical would easily remove any ESA entitlement as it is for people who are ill and I certainly should not be allowed support group. She made comments to ESA about my work history in the nhs locally and knowing my doctors so doctor opinions shouldn't have been considered independent (The jobcentre were supposed to help me with staying in work but couldn't be bothered so details of my job is on their system).

It sounded really really bad what she was saying. :-(

Hence being really worried about a medical. Especially as I cannot arrange anyone to accompany me, CAB refuse to accompany people and I don't have anyone else involved anymore and cannot get into the medical centre and don't have room where I rent to be seen. What's worse is my conditions have actually worsened since last applying but I've lost all support now so it looks in paper like I am better.

I learnt my landlord was contacted by social services to say I no longer am allowed a housing worker, now my rent is going up hugely for me (dhp is not available I must negotiate lower rent or pay from other benefits) and I'm having pressure to leave so they can charge far far more to someone else - they would definitely get the money from someone else there's no question of that. I'm upset at social services for phoning landlord to say I don't have support or help from them at all anymore because it's left me in a very vulnerable position.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: 20 Aug 2014 04:49PM »
Becca, I wish I could do something to help.  All I can offer is  >hugs<

Becca7

« Reply #28 on: 21 Aug 2014 12:31AM »
Thankyou DD.

Becca7

« Reply #29 on: 21 Aug 2014 03:05PM »
The JCP meeting was to get me on JSA. I definitely don't qualify. I've managed to get internet briefly in the bank to come here (they've not locked their internet yet!) so don't know when I'll be back but wanted to let you know.