Author Topic: Customer Compliance Interview (Help)  (Read 13014 times)

Tesla

• Silver Member
Customer Compliance Interview (Help)
« on: 24 May 2014 09:53PM »
Hi everyone

I just received a Customer Compliance Office Interview letter today. I done quite a lot of Googling about it, which for the most part was quite worrying. However I couldn't find anyone that had (roughly) the same circumstances as me.

The letter read : This interview has been arranged because your circumstances may have changed and we need to ensure your payments are correct.

When you claimed benefit you agreed to tell us immediately if the circumstances relating to your benefit entitlement changed.

I live by myself in a one bedroom flat, I am in the ESA Support group and also receive DLA. To my knowledge there have been no changes to my circumstances at all.

I'm worried about this as I see everyone else is. I hear some people are getting these at random for nothing more than a spot check, but others are receiving them for more stressful matters like fraud suspicion.

Has anyone had one of these and even roughly match my circumstances? I'm just looking for some peace of mind before the interview.

Thanks in advance.

devine63

Re: Customer Compliance Interview (Help)
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2014 01:48AM »
Hi Tesla

I am sorry I can't offer any help on this - not within my experience.  However I just wanted to say  >bighugs< and I am sure an Oucher with more experience of this will come along shortly.

regards, Deb

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2014 07:40AM »
Welcome to OuchToo, Tesla - regarding others' experiences of Customer Compliance, you might find this earlier thread useful:

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=7162.0

Tesla

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2014 10:30AM »
Thanks for the help guys. As I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm leaning towards it being a routine check. I'm a bit calmer now, the appointment is at the beginning of June, so I'll update this thread with my results then.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2014 05:13PM »
Tesla,

Welcome to Ouch Too - I like your avatar it goes with your name.

On other threads we talk about Brown Envelope Syndrome, Brown Envelopes of Doom etc, they are ways of describing letters from the DWP and it relates to the way people feel about the likelihood of bad news. The Con Dems dont seem to give a  >bleep< that they have greatly contributed to so many disabled people living in fear because of their policies and rhetoric

I'm leaning towards it being a routine check.

>thumbsup< it is worth remembering that the fraud level for ESA is very low and so routine checks will take into account that most people are genuine and honest.

feehutch

• Gold Member
  • I am a mum, wife and geek not always in that order
    • Adlibbed - music & geekery & health
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2014 08:31PM »
Hello
I just wanted to say the same as the others and welcome of course  :-)
I've not been here long myself but already find it a really safe place to chat, offload and laugh.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Ferris Buller

Tesla

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2014 10:58AM »
Thanks for making me feel welcome guys, really appreciate it.

I've been sick for about 10 years now and for some reason I've never turned to a forum until now.

Great to see such a nice place for us all.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2014 12:23PM »
Hope to see you round on other threads too when you feel like it  >thumbsup<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2014 01:17PM »
Just wanted to say 'hi there' Tesla, and best of luck with the interview.  >hugs<

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2014 04:26PM »
Hello Tesla.  Hope the interview turns out to be a random check, which seems probable as nothing has changed. 
Also hope to see you on other threads here soon. 
There's a "getting to know you" place http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=978.0 , some funny threads in the café as well as some serious stuff in different parts of the board.   >welcome<

AccessOfficer

« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2014 08:41PM »
Hi Tesla,
Welcome.
Best wishes
AO

Tesla

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jun 2014 05:05PM »
Hey guys

Been climbing the walls and getting very stressed since receiving that letter. Initially I didn't want to call them incase they worried me further but today I couldn't take it anymore and rang them up.

The woman on the phone sounded nice enough. I asked what the interview was for/about and she just told me it's to ensure I'm getting the right benefits and to make sure my circumstances haven't changed without them knowing. Basically what it says on the letter, but I like hearing things from a person directly.

It's gave me slight peace of mind. Mainly because she didn't say anything about any malicious busy body making a call or anything. Would they tell me that over the phone though? Surely they would if I asked?

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 03 Jun 2014 04:48PM »
Hi again Tesla, sorry for delay in reply.

Good on you for calling the DWP for some clarification on this - in answer to your question about would they tell you over the phone if anyone had made a malicious fraud report, I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what DWP 'internal practice' is on this, especially at this particular stage with you not even having had the interview yet.  Best to keep an open mind!  You might be able to find out more from the Customer Compliance officer him/herself at the actual meet...

Please do let us know how you get on!

Tesla

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jun 2014 02:35PM »
Had my interview this morning.

Turns out it was a malicious allegation. Someone who clearly had it in for me without knowing the ins and outs of how this works. They were reporting pretty much ALL of my activities, none of which were actually fraudulent. The truth prevailed, I cleared my name and it seems like it was dismissed. The interviewer said she had to submit my statement to the team and told me not to worry about it. So I assume that'll be the end of it..?

It wasn't hard to piece it together. From the main points and ludicrousness of the allegation to the time it was submitted, I know who it was.

Still, an unnecessary shock to the system and will probably take some time to recover from. At least I came out on top, if you can call it that.

If anything else happens, I'll update the thread.

Thanks for all your support.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jun 2014 04:09PM »
It wasn't hard to piece it together. From the main points and ludicrousness of the allegation to the time it was submitted, I know who it was.

Sorry to read that there's such a pathetic little turd of a person in your life, Tesla - misfounded resentment and jealousy, probably.  Now that this interview is done with, the DWP will be able to 'officially' write off any fraud allegations attached to your claim.  There should be a penalty for the false reporter, like the equivalent of 'wasting police time'.  Or, if you know where they live.... no, I'd better not say more  >whistle<  >devil<

At least I came out on top, if you can call it that.

>thumbsup<