Author Topic: Please help!! Benefit stopped!  (Read 27520 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Please help!! Benefit stopped!
« Reply #30 on: 18 Apr 2014 09:17PM »
The guilty ones are sitting in Cabinet, in the media and in assessment centres, asking questions designed to trip up sick and disabled people.

>thumbsup< and a pox on the lot of 'em!

Good to read that you're still in the fight, Steve, we're all rooting for you >x-fingers<

SteveX

« Reply #31 on: 22 Apr 2014 12:13PM »
Letter sent.

Would you believe it cost £6.40 to guarantee it would arrive tomorrow.  Six quid!!!! 

right now all I have in the entire world is £1.43p

I emailed the Samaritans last night because I was in a very bad state, no reply though
Member of POMMAS

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: 22 Apr 2014 01:15PM »
 >bighugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: 22 Apr 2014 01:45PM »
I hope the Samaritans get back to you today, Steve.  >bighugs<

feehutch

• Gold Member
  • I am a mum, wife and geek not always in that order
    • Adlibbed - music & geekery & health
« Reply #34 on: 22 Apr 2014 02:39PM »
Hello
I'm new but just wanted to send some hugs too.  I find dealing with these things incredibly distressing too so I can really empathise Steve.  I hope the Samaritans did get back to you and you aren't left in limbo for too long.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Ferris Buller

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: 22 Apr 2014 07:57PM »
I am so pleased that you found the courage to contact someone last night Steve.  Have they got back to you.  If not do you think that you could phone them?

SteveX

« Reply #36 on: 22 Apr 2014 08:11PM »
I am so pleased that you found the courage to contact someone last night Steve.  Have they got back to you.  If not do you think that you could phone them?

Thank you all.

Auntie, yes I got an email this afternoon, although it was pretty pointless as they said they cannot give advice, only listen and talk.
Member of POMMAS

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: 22 Apr 2014 08:14PM »
That is what they do Steve.  But talking things over with someone does help clear one's mind and somehow you do find your own way to solve some dilemmas.  It might be as simple as realising that you know someone who can help.  Give it a go and see what happens.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: 23 Apr 2014 10:27PM »
 >bighugs<

SteveX

« Reply #39 on: 06 May 2014 03:03PM »
It's two weeks today since my letter for mandatory reconsideration was sent.

I have heard nothing, zip, zero, zilch, not a sausage.

I know they got my letter as the post office tracking said it was delivered the morning after I'd sent it. But I've heard nothing.  I still have no income and I'm living on my mums money (which I hate, but I have no choice)

You would think the DWP would have the decency to send you a letter saying they received your letter and it was being processed.  Calling them is simply not an option.  I've no idea how long this takes..   I'm trying my best to squeeze my mums money as much as possible so I don't have to borrow so much but my bills have to be paid, I'm just living off the cheapest meals I can find now and making leftovers make another meal and not using my heating at all..  But I can't live like this forever :(

I can't help but feel if I was a criminal or drug user then I would be treated better and not left to starve and freeze.

Member of POMMAS

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #40 on: 06 May 2014 03:20PM »
 >bighugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: 06 May 2014 03:56PM »
 >bighugs<

feehutch

• Gold Member
  • I am a mum, wife and geek not always in that order
    • Adlibbed - music & geekery & health
« Reply #42 on: 06 May 2014 05:32PM »
 >bighugs< from me too, that's such a stressful position to put you in.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Ferris Buller

Monic1511

« Reply #43 on: 06 May 2014 09:25PM »
Hi Steve

>bighugs<  Sorry but I think they have a minimum of 28 days before they can be pressurised into making a decision, you could try to make a claim for a crisis grant from your local council for help with the healting and if you can get a referral to a foodbank - you get 3 days worth of food from them.

Your only other option would be to contact your MP's pa and ask them if they could contact the DWP to find out the status of your reconsideration request.   It is election time so you might get some help there.   As for DWP resonding to receipt of your letter - sorry they don't send out acknowledgement letters at all for this, it would cost too much.
 >x-fingers< for a quick result
Monic

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #44 on: 07 May 2014 03:58PM »

Monic,

As for DWP resonding to receipt of your letter - sorry they don't send out acknowledgement letters at all for this, it would cost too much.

I am glad you posted that because I was not sure if they sent out a letter or not.

Steve,

It occurred to me that going to a food bank maybe feel like too much for you because you have to get the voucher then go to the food bank itself. This made me think the way things are you could do with some support 'on the ground'. Organisations like Mind help and support people in your situation and this could include someone coming to you.

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

People from these types of organisations are on your side and although it will be hard for you to ask for help it is worth a try  >hugs<