Author Topic: Please help!! Benefit stopped!  (Read 27519 times)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Please help!! Benefit stopped!
« Reply #120 on: 04 Jul 2014 03:31PM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs<

Defying Gravity

• Charter Member
« Reply #121 on: 04 Jul 2014 03:53PM »
Steve, please wait til Monic comes along, she may be able to shed some light on this. It may be that letter was posted before they got your corrected fit note, in which case a different letter might arrive in the next few days. And as Fiz says, Atos are wrong all the time, the Tribunal may well go in your favour, it did last time.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #122 on: 04 Jul 2014 04:18PM »
Steve, please don't give up! I don't know what is happening in your case but I do know that - having gone through MR, submitted a formal appeal and furnished DWP with sick notes to cover the dates since you were found 'fit for work' - you are entitled to receive ESA payment at the assessment rate.

feehutch

• Gold Member
  • I am a mum, wife and geek not always in that order
    • Adlibbed - music & geekery & health
« Reply #123 on: 04 Jul 2014 04:50PM »
Please keep talking to us Steve x
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Ferris Buller

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #124 on: 04 Jul 2014 06:04PM »
Steve, hang on in there  >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #125 on: 04 Jul 2014 06:08PM »
This is my last post here.

I contacted them and they said the fit note was wrong, my mum contacted the doctors and they did another one for me which we sent off immediately.

Today I get a brown envelope..  I prayed it was a sign I was getting some money after 12 weeks of nothing.

But no, its a letter saying I'm not entitled to any money or backpay because I was declared fit to work by ATOS.  So my doctors note was pointless.

'We cannot pay you an allowance this is because: following a work capability assessment medical it has been decided you are fit for work.

I have done everything, I have tried everything, I have jumped through the hoops they put in front of me and still I get NOT A PENNY.

I just say to everyone on ouch too, thank you for your help and support.  I love you all.

I sincerely hope this isn't going to be your last post here, because we're not going anywhere...

My guess is that the DWP letter you just received (and I can understand how hopeless that would have made you feel) has overlapped the doctor's note reaching the right office.  With the strange centralised set-up nowadays, it's entirely possible that someone in one office hit a button to prompt the computer to issue that letter while in another office - possibly in a different part of the country - the doctor's note was being delivered to a benefit processor's desk by the post-sorting staff.  Where it might possibly still be sitting with a backlog of other work (sigh)

But - the fact is that once your appeal is acknowledged by the tribunal service and the 'fit-note' supplied, the DWP has to pay you the basic rate of ESA pending the appeal outcome.  This is law.  The DWP do not have a choice with this.  Don't allow the feebleness of their administrative system to overcome you, there will be some money at the end of all this!

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #126 on: 04 Jul 2014 07:10PM »
Please keep posting Steve.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #127 on: 04 Jul 2014 07:39PM »
Steve, please hold on.  >bighugs<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #128 on: 04 Jul 2014 07:53PM »
Hello there Steve,  Well, they are winning aren't they.  They have worked you up into into such a state that you are giving up.  That is exactly what is happening to lots of people.  Less people will therefore be in the government 'receiving benefit' statistics.

Steve, please do not let them win.  Please hang in there and support the rest of us by being a thorn in the side of mediocre administration and governments who do not care about us as individuals.

Also think about your family and pets.  What would they do without you, eh?

Monic1511

« Reply #129 on: 04 Jul 2014 08:26PM »
Steve
Please don't let the beuracrats win.   I think the letter you got today has been sent because they have not processed your sick note yet.   You really must get onto your MP even if he is a worthless person,  he has a legal responsibility to represent his constituents and that means you.
Ask your mum to call his PA and ask them to contact DWP and ask what the hell is happening with your claim.
You have been found fit
Sent in the mandatory reconsideration which was refused
You then sent in the appeal letter and a valid sickline
which for some reason DWP say is wrong
so you got your GP to get another sickline

Explain all that is making you suicidal and that there is considerable expense to the NHS caused by the DWP errors,
you need to tell them you have done the MR & are now at appeal stage and they are failing in their legal duty by not following the process set out by parliament.

If you give up then who is going be there for your mum, I might even haunt you myself  ;-)
 >hugs<
Monic

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #130 on: 04 Jul 2014 09:37PM »
I agree with the advice so far and it does sound like it is all down to paperwork and possibly the way you were unable to send a sick note in as soon as the DWP said you were fit for work. This does not mean you are in anyway to blame after all people who are sick and disabled dont have PA's who can get all the ducks in a row like MPs do.

My guess is that the program the DWP use moves claims to different parts of the database as time goes by and this probably means when enquiries are made your claim information shows you as fit for work and the person handling the enquiry is expected to click a button and send a letter to you saying this.

Once your 2nd correct? sick note arrives at the DWP and reaches data input the database will update.

Your situation sadly illustrates the need for all of us who know about it to advise everyone in your situation that when they get the fit for work outcome they need to post the reconsideration request and then make a doctors appointment.

Step by step you can get there  >bighugs<