Author Topic: Working tax credits  (Read 12905 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Working tax credits
« Reply #30 on: 10 Nov 2013 07:43PM »
The DWP wouldn't know I had applied for a job and wouldn't know about it if I turned it down. I would find an interview stressful. I do worry that I won't cope with the multi tasking admin/reception/phones nature of the job considering even managing my benefits and bills etc. leaves with stressed to the hilt and sometimes I struggle to cope without self medicating. In my heart of hearts I don't feel ready for this job and yet feel I should be trying to work. I wouldn't cope with a drop in income and I suspect it would mean there is one but I don't know for sure.

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: 10 Nov 2013 07:56PM »
I have only just realised that you are in the support group fiz, and you know how hard it is to get into the support group, you have to be (pardon my English) practically dead to get in that group, we'll not actually but you know what I mean.

I think at this point as you may well be left alone for a few years concerning ESA etc , so maybe best to leave well alone, and in the future when and if your health improves, look for a part-time job then.

Maybe volunteering would be a boost to your self-esteem, or is this deemed "not allowed" if your in the support

Wishing you all the best fiz, in whatever you decide to do, and it is ultimately your decision.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: 10 Nov 2013 08:45PM »
Yes it would be a major thing to lose sherbs. And if I get offered the intense DBT therapy then there is a 2.5 hour group session a week plus an hour a week 1:1 intense therapy plus would still be seeing my care co-ordinator and psychiatrist and some of that might be compromised if I couldn't jiggle work hours plus with the therapy and the work I would have no or little down time. I just don't know if I will manage the job at all anyway and what a lot to lose.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: 10 Nov 2013 08:49PM »
I'm practically dead as well, sherbs.  ;-)  >whistle<

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #34 on: 10 Nov 2013 08:59PM »
Yes it would be a major thing to lose sherbs. And if I get offered the intense DBT therapy then there is a 2.5 hour group session a week plus an hour a week 1:1 intense therapy plus would still be seeing my care co-ordinator and psychiatrist and some of that might be compromised if I couldn't jiggle work hours plus with the therapy and the work I would have no or little down time. I just don't know if I will manage the job at all anyway and what a lot to lose.

Well there you have it fiz, it would be almost impossible to hold down a part-time job, loose money and attend your DBT Therapy all in one go, so for now, I,suggest you concentrate on your health and getting your health back to a state where you can then start looking for work.

Realistically you could not possibly do all the above and work as well.

So please fiz, throw away that job application and just concentrate on your health, after all " Your Health is Your Wealth"

Please keep us updated fiz, it's always lovely to hear from you   >hugs<

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: 10 Nov 2013 09:01PM »
I'm practically dead as well, sherbs.  ;-)  >whistle<

Snorts !!!

Sorry, I didn't quite word that right did I,   Many apologies   >hugs<

Monic1511

« Reply #36 on: 10 Nov 2013 09:08PM »
Fiz
Please stop worrying about a job, from what I can figure out you have lots to contend with between your health, your daughter moving out, son away as well.  The job or lack of it can wait - you really don't need this stress,   on a dafter note I wouldn't want to be starting a job coming into winter - I do work but plan my holidays for winter so that I don't have to leave the house when its really cold & wet & I don't want to break another limb falling on the ise/snow.

It took me 8 years of applying for jobs to get a temp one so don't get too stressed please

As sherbs says " Your Health is Your Wealth"  >bighugs<
take care
Monic

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: 10 Nov 2013 09:40PM »
In my heart of hearts I don't feel ready for this job

And thereby is your answer, Fiz, regarding 'do I or don't I' - there really are no more questions to be had right now!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: 11 Nov 2013 07:08PM »
Having spent days on the application I handed it in  >erm<. For my self esteem I think I would be disappointed not to get an interview. My next dilemma is the decision to be made if I were to be offered something but that is a long way off and may not be an issue as I would think they would have a lot of good applicants. I kind of think I achieved a lot getting the application done and in when I am so stressed already and I managed to 'put a face on' in the office when I handed it in which gave me hope that I can do that. Interviews are a week today, deadline for applications is midday tomorrow so I would expect to hear whether I am to be offered an interview within the next 2-3 days I would think.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: 11 Nov 2013 07:53PM »
Having spent days on the application I handed it in  >erm<. For my self esteem I think I would be disappointed not to get an interview. My next dilemma is the decision to be made if I were to be offered something but that is a long way off and may not be an issue as I would think they would have a lot of good applicants. I kind of think I achieved a lot getting the application done and in when I am so stressed already and I managed to 'put a face on' in the office when I handed it in which gave me hope that I can do that. Interviews are a week today, deadline for applications is midday tomorrow so I would expect to hear whether I am to be offered an interview within the next 2-3 days I would think.

They will very likely have more good applicants than they could possibly interview, so it may come down to sheer luck - if they have time for 7 interviews + time spent discussing candidates but get 21 excellent applications... choose by alphabet, by a favourite given name, by whose application has least/ most added information??  Simply not possible to interview them all.

It's not infrequent for only those who are being asked to an interview to get any reply at all, so try not to watch the post too expectantly (not at all easy I know). 

If you get offered an interview then you can start to think about whether you feel you really could deal with working; remember if you turn the interview down you don't have to say why, just that you're no longer available.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #40 on: 12 Nov 2013 05:38PM »
Don't be too put off if you don't get an interview. As seegee says there are often too many good candidates (on paper) to see all.

I used to be involved with interviewing staff for some projects and we only usually had time to see about six which meant many apparently good candidates did not get invited. We probably missed quite a few suitable people, but selection form a CV is a bit of a lottery.

We did try to reply to all applicants but on odd occasions had so many applicants it was neither practical or inexpensive.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #41 on: 13 Nov 2013 04:02PM »
I've got an interview on Monday afternoon  >whistle<

Monic1511

« Reply #42 on: 13 Nov 2013 04:04PM »
Good for you
so now its deep breaths and relaxation techniques all weekend.  try and stop the what if questions running through your head - easy said I know but good luck & re your doubts about the job - well, cross that bridge if it appears
 >bighugs<
Monic

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #43 on: 13 Nov 2013 04:09PM »
Congrats on getting through to the interview stage.  Even if you are offered the job,  remember that you don't have to take it. Try to relax and enjoy the interview.  >thumbsup<

starsmurf

« Reply #44 on: 13 Nov 2013 05:25PM »
Well done! >applause< >bubbly< >cancan< >cancan< >cancan< >bliss<
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.